Windows 10: Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

Discus and support Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Jan 22, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page.

I can go to the same site with Firefox and highlight and copy (ask Cortana doesn't work on FF) and there are no problems.

:)

fireberd, Jan 22, 2017

2. Edge not reading the Favorites folder after Feb 9 2016 update

Okay, but how do I put my old favorites into that database file? Copy-pasting doesn't seem to be an option, and the export tool only gives me the two folders that are currently in the Edge favorites list.

As a side note, I found that selecting "import from Edge" in Firefox adds my old favorites into it. After using this import to go from Edge -> Firefox -> Chrome -> Edge (since Chrome can't import from Edge but vice versa works, Chrome can import from Firefox,
    and Edge can't import from Firefox but vice versa works), Edge got a few of the files back, but most weren't copied in the import process (and some folders were copied, but they were copied empty).

I could theoretically just switch to using Chrome/Firefox now with the imported favorites and be done with it, but I'd still like to fix this issue, if possible.

RobertFilkin, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Problem: Booting my pc up my pc automatically opened up an MSN webpage?

I had this problem with Edge, IE and Firefox. I noticed a "redirect" command in edge but couldn't copy it. I complained on Firefox and then on Microsoft websites and I noticed yesterday, 5/6/17, the Microsoft virus went away without my having to do anything.

I guess Microsoft removed their virus.

JoeFerrucci, Jan 22, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

fireberd, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox - Similar Threads - Copy problem Edge

2. Problem with Firefox update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with Firefox update: I am unable to update Firefox on my computer. Please help....... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-firefox-update/2920b3d4-381d-43bc-925f-82afb6f86df3
  3. Firefox continuing problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox continuing problems: *Banghead Hi all. I have posted previously on my problems in respect of Firefox downloading, but not opening. i have just completed my 15th download of Firefox with the same problem still recurring. It downloads, however, it refuses to open. I have always removed everything...
  4. Firefox Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Problem: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  5. Firefox Quantum vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum vs. Edge: Theoretically or actually, would moving from the ease and simplicity of MS Edge to the new Firefox Quantum be of great benefit to a everyday, non power user? 98655
  6. Multiple problems with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple problems with Firefox: I've had to change my default browser to MS Edge due to multiple problems. I think one of the major problems is that my cookies are disabled and I can't find a way to enable them. I have instructions that say go to menu bar and click "Preferences". However, when I click the...
  7. Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge: Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393 Build 14393 was installed last week. Since then I have had problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Firefox will not display visuals on some web pages. Chrome is very slow and will not allow me to import from Firefox. Edge is suddenly very, very...
  8. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  9. Some firefox problems

in Browsers and Email
    Some firefox problems: Firefox is slow/sluggish when scrolling websites. (Solved by disabling smooth scrolling in options) Firefox is slow to load videos. If I fast forward a video, the video will freeze and I have to wait 5-10 seconds for the video to load. Microsoft edge loads videos instantly....
  10. Firefox Sync Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Sync Problem: I recently changed my email address. On my main PC, I deleted my existing Firefox sync account and created a new one to reflect the changed email address. No problems so far. I then deleted the sync information on my laptop and attempted to sign into my newly created sync...