Windows 10: Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

Discus and support Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Jan 22, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page.

I can go to the same site with Firefox and highlight and copy (ask Cortana doesn't work on FF) and there are no problems.

:)

fireberd, Jan 22, 2017

2. Edge not reading the Favorites folder after Feb 9 2016 update

Okay, but how do I put my old favorites into that database file? Copy-pasting doesn't seem to be an option, and the export tool only gives me the two folders that are currently in the Edge favorites list.

As a side note, I found that selecting "import from Edge" in Firefox adds my old favorites into it. After using this import to go from Edge -> Firefox -> Chrome -> Edge (since Chrome can't import from Edge but vice versa works, Chrome can import from Firefox,
    and Edge can't import from Firefox but vice versa works), Edge got a few of the files back, but most weren't copied in the import process (and some folders were copied, but they were copied empty).

I could theoretically just switch to using Chrome/Firefox now with the imported favorites and be done with it, but I'd still like to fix this issue, if possible.

RobertFilkin, Jan 22, 2017
  3. Problem: Booting my pc up my pc automatically opened up an MSN webpage?

I had this problem with Edge, IE and Firefox. I noticed a "redirect" command in edge but couldn't copy it. I complained on Firefox and then on Microsoft websites and I noticed yesterday, 5/6/17, the Microsoft virus went away without my having to do anything.

I guess Microsoft removed their virus.

JoeFerrucci, Jan 22, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

fireberd, Jan 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox - Similar Threads - Copy problem Edge

2. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  3. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  4. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Can't Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem: Hi, I have a computer with Windows 10. But for some reason, recently Micosoft Edge when right click, suddenly has no option for copy but only option for copy links. So I tried system restore and reset my computer, because I do not know what else to do. But after a while,...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Cannot Copy and Paste But Firefox Copy and Paste No Problem

8. Replace Edge with Firefox`

Replace Edge with Firefox`: In "Settings" there are help links but they will not open with Firefox even though it is default; only with Edge; how do resolve this? 161986
  9. Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge

Problems wth Chrom and FireFox but not with IE or Edge: Hi, I noticed that in 2018, the same problems were happening as well. I tried everything I read online and nothing worked. I even had Norton check for a virus. No virus found. I also believe Microsoft is the problem like the male stated in 2018. Perhaps I should go to...
  10. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge: Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!). I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge. By the way, l can still access...