Windows 10: Copy profile=true in audit mode cause search in start can't work

Discus and support Copy profile=true in audit mode cause search in start can't work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i have a problem that no one can't answer this issue i install a win10 on vm and enter it in audit mode and capture it with manipulating answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mohsenten, Dec 30, 2019.

1. mohsenten Win User

Copy profile=true in audit mode cause search in start can't work

hi, i have a problem that no one can't answer this issue
    i install a win10 on vm and enter it in audit mode and capture it with manipulating answer files in unattended.xml in MDT such as set copyprofile=true and so on
    when i deploy image on new system it works properly
    but my problem is :
    when create new user localy or enter with domain user search in start doesn't work and system is very slowly, please anyone know,help me please. thanks

:)

mohsenten, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Katrin Win User

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Hi,

I have the same Problem like CanadianGooses with the Search-Bar using the LTSB-Release and the audit-mode.

(Windows 10 Image - Customize in Audit Mode with Sysprep - Page 32 - Windows 10 Forums)

But only, if the image is deployed as a part of a iso-file. How do you deploy your wim-file? Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks und greetings from Germany - .

Katrin, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Dear Kari,

I'm supporting an enterprise deployment and we're using Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB (which reports as "Version 10.0 (Build 10240)" in 'winver'). I've performed the following steps:

• Clean install
    • Audit mode
    • Customisation
      • Drivers
      • Software
      • No updates
      • Kari's quickaccess cleaner .bat
    • sysprep (generalize, oobe, unattend.xml specifying copyprofile=true)
    • deploy image

This is fine, and Windows Search works for all created user accounts...

...UNLESS
    Windows Update is run. As soon as it is, it installs Security Update KB3135174, and any subsequently created user accounts receive a broken search. If KB3135174 is removed, new user accounts get a working search, and existing accounts that had a broken search start working. If it's reinstalled, new user accounts get a broken search again.

Do I have any options, or do I have to just give up on the customised default profile?

CanadianGooses, Dec 30, 2019
  4. poit57 Win User

Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode

I am creating a new image for my company from a clean Windows 10 installation, and I want to use Audit Mode to set up the default profile.

One of the programs we are required to have on all computers is Symantec Endpoint Protection which is pushed out as a remote installation. These were our previous steps to installing on our image computer without customizing a default profile, as they pertain to SEP installation.

1. Enable Remote Desktop connections
    2. Join computer to domain
    3. Turn off Windows Firewall
    4. Push Symantec installation from server with domain admin credentials
    5. Disjoin computer from domain
    6. Create Image

The problem we are running into with trying to set up our software from audit mode is that, while in audit mode, the computer is undetectable on the network. We can attempt to ping by computer name and the DNS server displays the IP address, but all ping attempts time out.

If we try to connect to the computer via Remote Desktop Connection, we get an error that Remote Desktop cannot connect to the remote computer because remote access is not enabled, the remote computer is off, or the remote computer is not available on the network. None of that is true.

Is this a security measure that a computer in audit mode can't be reached over the network, or is there something that I can configure to allow remote connections so that we can push the Symantec installation?

poit57, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Copy profile=true in audit mode cause search in start can't work - Similar Threads - Copy profile=true audit

2. Shadow copy auditing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shadow copy auditing: Hi There,I need a way for auditing shadow copy creation/deletion/restoration events. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-copy-auditing/b1b5734d-245b-4b07-8cb3-8196bc7f46ba
  3. Audit mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  4. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. what is audit mode

what is audit mode: my win 10 won't install because it's in audit mode. what is audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-audit-mode/d0b1a6aa-be1e-4abb-b82b-1a3e54675033
  6. Copy profile=true in audit mode cause search in start broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy profile=true in audit mode cause search in start broken: hi, i have a problem that no one can't answer this issue i install a win10 on vm and enter it in audit mode and capture it with manipulating answer files in unattended.xml in MDT such as set copyprofile=true and so on when i deploy image on new system it works properly but my...
  7. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  8. Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode

Question about customizing default profile in Audit Mode: I am creating a new image for my company from a clean Windows 10 installation, and I want to use Audit Mode to set up the default profile. One of the programs we are required to have on all computers is Symantec Endpoint Protection which is pushed out as a remote...
  9. Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Default User Profile W/O Audit Mode: Is there a way to copy a profile to the default profile without using the Audit Mode feature when it was built? I know that the Audit Mode should have been use but at this point it to late to do that now. That got to be some app are "hack" way to still copy a profile to the...
  10. Sysprep and Audit Mode questions

Sysprep and Audit Mode questions: I'm noticing some stuff when running sysprep on an image: - I uninstalled OneDrive in Audit Mode, but after generalization it comes right back? Any way to keep it uninstalled? - Windows Updates seemingly gets undone after going to OOBE, and some drivers got reverted as...