Windows 10: Copy programs to another disk

Discus and support Copy programs to another disk in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hispanico, Jul 27, 2020.

1. hispanico Win User

Copy programs to another disk

I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean.
    I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E.
    There i an utility orr program what does this do?

Thank

:)

hispanico, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Ghot Win User

You really can't "copy" programs.

When you install a program it creates a whole bunch of registry entries. Unfortunately, these cannot be copied.
    Just copying the programs "folders" is possible, but the programs won't function without their associated registry entries.

3. DVD copy program.

I need to copy my daughters recital and I'm looking for a good cloning program. What do you guys suggest? Something free. Also is there a way to do it in win7?

TheMailMan78, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

You can't copy installed programs like that and expect them to work. You can use the portable version of many utilities and store them in a directory on any drive.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Copy programs to another disk - Similar Threads - Copy programs another

2. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  3. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  4. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  6. Copying one onedrive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying one onedrive to another: Hey there our business has been working with one email, one onedrive, we all access the same onedrive and use it to keep our files updated. We are now wanting to transfer to a business side of microsoft 365 s but I have no idea how to transfer that old onedrive to our new...
  7. Copy whole program folder to another computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy whole program folder to another computer.: Can I copy a whole program folder eg. C:\Program Files x86\Google\Chrome for Google Chrome and paste it into a USB. Then, copy the whole program folder from the USB to another computer. Is it workable to start the program on the another computer?...
  8. Copy programs to another disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  9. Copy folders from 1 disk to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folders from 1 disk to another: What the heck is wrong with Win 10? At the present time I'm running Win 10 Ver.1909, OS build 18363.692 and can't even copy folders from one disk to another. The folders are on a Samsung 1tb SSD and copying to a WD 3TB disk. When I select a folder, for example "MP3's" it will...
  10. Broken system disk after data copy on another pc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken system disk after data copy on another pc.: Hi there. Classic routine: 1. Installed fresh win 10 on laptop 2. Took out a disk from laptop and connected (mb SATA) to desktop pc. 3. Copied needed personal data to laptop`s disk, everything seems to be fine as it should so far. Now the problem: 1. Put the disk back in...