Windows 10: Copy random freezes?

Discus and support Copy random freezes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, when I do larger file copies I get a freeze in the copy process on some occasions whilst others it goes OK. It will stop and not continue, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Daniell, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Daniell Win User

Copy random freezes?

Hi,
    when I do larger file copies I get a freeze in the copy process on some occasions whilst others it goes OK. It will stop and not continue, so I have to close and start again.
    Bit of a pain in the nethers being mortal and I end up having to helicopter the thing to see if it completes.
    Is there an obvious solution here beyond checking the drive, turning off indexing - which makes drives/files useless after a bit as they go senile and lock?
    Thanks.

:)

Daniell, Sep 2, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Sep 2, 2020
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Copy random freezes?

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Copy random freezes?

1. Copy random freezes? - Similar Threads - Copy random freezes

2. Random freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes: My computer is freezing randomly. It becomes unresponsive and I have to do a hard shut-down. It is completely random, sometimes it happens when I'm gaming and sometimes when the PC is idle or just using the browser. Sometimes, I can use the PC for several hours without it...
  3. Random freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezing: Just recently my laptop has been acting all weird and freezing up. I was doing some things with my laptop when it suddenly became really 'slow' and the frames dropped drastically. Everything responded as if i had over 100 tabs open. I would try and move my cursor but it would...
  4. Random Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freezing: Before I start, please do not give me complicated answers, I'm not that smart and I don't know how to do stuff like "open up your computer", so, this has just started happening a few days ago, where, my apps, like for example my groove music and explorer, just randomly freeze...
  5. Random Freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freeze: Okay, I recently upgraded my 7+ year old PC custom built with a new one also custom built. New build is a Ryzen 5600x with 16gb of G Skill ram and an Asus 3080 and Asus motherboard I'd give exact models but I really don't think its necessary, nor hardware related. Fresh...
  6. Random freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes: My PC sometimes randomly freezes. I have the newest Windows updates. When freezing, the entire PC starts stuttering and then it completely freezes for 10-20 seconds, before it works again for another 10-20 seconds, and so on. After i restart, everything is smooth again....
  7. Random Freezes

Random Freezes: Hello, I get random freezes on my PC. It can happen at any point, playing a game, or even just on the desktop. The freezes locks up the whole system and lasts for a few seconds. The intervals are different, I can go for a couple of hours without a freeze, other times it...
  8. Random freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random freezing: hi.my windows 10 have this wierd bugg it just random freeze and need force restart after restarting my pc i get this ''unidentified network'' problem thats easy fix but my windows still keep freezing i updated drivers.updated windows. i scaned for viruse.i used some cmd...
  9. random freezes

random freezes: I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs it just continuously makes noise. this wont go away unless i hard restart the pc freezes mostly randomly, while gaming,...
  10. random freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    random freezes: I have been having issues with windows 10 since my fresh install 3/4 days ago. at random times my pc will just freeze if there is sound when it hangs it just continuously makes noise. this wont go away unless i hard restart the pc freezes mostly randomly, while gaming,...