Windows 10: Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge

Discus and support Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there Is there any way to copy the stored passwords / account information saved in IE11 to edge I've a couple of account logins (not Banks I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Apr 10, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge

Hi there

Is there any way to copy the stored passwords / account information saved in IE11 to edge

I've a couple of account logins (not Banks I hasten to add) on some sites where I can't remember all the details -- logon automatically in IE11 but I need to try EDGE a bit more now and can't remember those details.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 10, 2017

2. How Do I Re-add Web Credential In WIndows 10 Once It is Removed?

Hi,

I was having a similar problem. I ended up deleting my stored Web Credential (big mistake!) and IE11 would show the prompt asking me to save it, but the button would disappear before I could click on it.

I happened to use MS Edge on the same website. It gave me the prompt to save the username/password. Once I clicked to have Edge save, the button appeared to work. The next time I used IE11 to open the site (the site is limited in Edge), my user name and
    password were already filled in (and they were correct).

As far as updating a saved password to a new one, while the form was filled in using IE11, I removed the saved password and typed in a new one. I was then prompted if I wanted to update the saved password. (If this doesn't work on IE11 for you, maybe try
    Edge?)

HTH,

Sara

Sara F_486, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Export IE Favourites

Thank you, I got it!! with this info I was able to copy my favorites from my win7 ie11 computer to my new win10 ie11/edge. I see my favorites in both browsers.

gnsservices, Apr 10, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You should be able to find them in Manage Web Credentials in Control Panel. If there are only a couple you can click on "Show" and it will tell you your password and then you can enter it in Edge.

Copy saved passwords / account info  from IE11 to Edge [​IMG]

Both Edge and IE store user id/passwords here I believe but I'm not sure how to make one browser use the credentials saved by the other or even if you can.

5. jimbo45 Win User
    Thanks

That worked - got the data I need to enter in Edge..

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 10, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    Inbuilt password saver with aide memoire for forgetful folk....good tip.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge - Similar Threads - Copy saved passwords

2. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  3. Moving saved passwords + other info

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving saved passwords + other info: I have a new laptop that I want to have the same user info passwords in "credential manager" amongst other things that the old one has. Is there a simple method to make this possible? I´m a computer newbee so baby steps, please. Thanks...
  4. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  5. Printing PDF's from Edge differing from IE11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing PDF's from Edge differing from IE11: When printing a certain PDF document through a vendor's website in IE11 by pressing the print button, the status bar shows "downloading files" and then the print dialogue box appears and allows you to choose a printer. This document has 5 different PDF files 15 pages in it....
  6. Passwords & log in info will not save

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Passwords & log in info will not save: My laptop Dell Inspiron went through a big update a few weeks ago and ever since my passwords and log in information for the websites I frequently visit will not save for more than day. This is happening in both the Edge and Chrome browsers and I did confirm I have the "save...
  7. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  8. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?: Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11. How do I get the saved...
  9. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  10. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...