Windows 10: Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge

Discus and support Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there Is there any way to copy the stored passwords / account information saved in IE11 to edge I've a couple of account logins (not Banks I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Apr 10, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge

Hi there

Is there any way to copy the stored passwords / account information saved in IE11 to edge

I've a couple of account logins (not Banks I hasten to add) on some sites where I can't remember all the details -- logon automatically in IE11 but I need to try EDGE a bit more now and can't remember those details.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 10, 2017

2. How Do I Re-add Web Credential In WIndows 10 Once It is Removed?

Hi,

I was having a similar problem. I ended up deleting my stored Web Credential (big mistake!) and IE11 would show the prompt asking me to save it, but the button would disappear before I could click on it.

I happened to use MS Edge on the same website. It gave me the prompt to save the username/password. Once I clicked to have Edge save, the button appeared to work. The next time I used IE11 to open the site (the site is limited in Edge), my user name and
    password were already filled in (and they were correct).

As far as updating a saved password to a new one, while the form was filled in using IE11, I removed the saved password and typed in a new one. I was then prompted if I wanted to update the saved password. (If this doesn't work on IE11 for you, maybe try
    Edge?)

HTH,

Sara

Sara F_486, Apr 10, 2017
  3. Export IE Favourites

Thank you, I got it!! with this info I was able to copy my favorites from my win7 ie11 computer to my new win10 ie11/edge. I see my favorites in both browsers.

gnsservices, Apr 10, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

You should be able to find them in Manage Web Credentials in Control Panel. If there are only a couple you can click on "Show" and it will tell you your password and then you can enter it in Edge.

Copy saved passwords / account info  from IE11 to Edge [​IMG]

Both Edge and IE store user id/passwords here I believe but I'm not sure how to make one browser use the credentials saved by the other or even if you can.

5. jimbo45 Win User
    Thanks

That worked - got the data I need to enter in Edge..

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 10, 2017
  6. dencal Win User
    Inbuilt password saver with aide memoire for forgetful folk....good tip.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Copy saved passwords / account info from IE11 to Edge - Similar Threads - Copy saved passwords

2. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  3. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Edge is not saving my passwords: Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving. I know some people say; go to settings, advanced, then to save passwords/autofill. But that does not work. I have the boxes checked...
  4. IE11 vs. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 vs. Edge: Does anyone know of a good source that explains the difference between IE11 and Edge? Pretty much all I've gathered is that Edge isn't as compatible with as many web-sites as IE11. Why the introduction of a new browser? Why isn't it more compatible? 48979
  5. How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import saved IE11 favorites into Edge?: Folks, Before I wiped my Windows 7 install, I exported my IE11 favorites into an HTM file, "bookmark", by using IE11's "export" feature. My clean Windows 10 install only has 2 browsers: Edge and Chrome. I do not want to install IE11. How do I get the saved...
  6. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge won't save passwords: Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings,...
  7. Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 not saving accounts and passwords: I have a perplexing issue. My Windows 10 laptop does not save accounts and passwords for sites that I want to do so with. Now, my Windows 10 Desktop PC functions as it is supposed to with no problem, but not my laptop. I have it enabled to do so, but it does not. It asks to...
  8. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  9. Location of Edge saved passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Edge saved passwords: Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere? I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile Thanks in advance!...
  10. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...