Windows 10: Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit

Discus and support Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a usb 3.0 data transfer cable for my home work station to allow moderately sized file transfer between two PC's. Installed the cable drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Christina C212, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit

I bought a usb 3.0 data transfer cable for my home work station to allow moderately sized file transfer between two PC's.
    Installed the cable drivers (PCLinq) on both PCs (windows 7 64 bit and windows 10 64 bit).

The software on both machines is painfully slow, you press any button in there and it locks up for a good few minutes before becoming responsive again. On top of this, in both panels of the software, it shows the correct names for both PCs as though a connection has been established but shows the files/directories/drives from the first PC in both panes.

What's the problem?

Can someone provide me a solution?

:)

Christina C212, Mar 24, 2019
  2. kithylin Win User

ATITool in windows 7 64-bit?

I don't know if this is the correct place, but it looks right, so.. we'll see.

I'm using windows 7 64-bit, and i've attempted to install the latest version of ATITool, version 0.26 and i got the warning while installing to accept or deny the 64-bit driver, i clicked yes, install it, then attempted to load ATITool and it comes up with "Kernel mode driver is not loaded"

Under device manager, the "ATITool Driver" has a /!\ by it, and properties page comes up with:

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Regardless, ATITool appears to not let us control our video cards under 7 64-bit.

Can someone please reply as to how to get this to work? And yes, before you suggest it, I have rebooted, hit F8, and told it to "Disable driver signature enforcement" and it still will not load correctly.

My version of windows: Build 7229.winmain.090604-1901

I know 7 isn't mainstream yet, and my version is only RC2, but I think now would be a good time to address these issues before 7 is more common in a few months.

Additionally, can anyone else on these forums suggest a video card tool that will allow me direct control of the clock speeds for an nVidia GTs-250 under windows 7 64-bit? Rivatuner has nothing either *Frown Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit :(

kithylin, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Windows 7 64-bit

So, I was really excited to find out my college was selling Windows 7 for $20! However, they only offer 32-bit *Bang Head :banghead:. Have many of you tried the 64-bit version? I plan on upgrading my RAM in the future, but of course that would be pointless if I only have 32-bit. If 64-bit is great and you all haven't run into many compatibility issues, I will save the extra money and get the 64-bit version.

demonbrawn, Mar 24, 2019
  4. dgrantxjs Win User

Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit

64 bit windows 7 to 64 bit windows 10

Will my 64 bit windows 7 automatically upgrade to 64 bit windows 10 when I receive my download notification, or what will I have to do to retain my 64 bit system

dgrantxjs, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit

1. Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit - Similar Threads - Copy speed very

2. WMVCORE.dll for windows 7 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMVCORE.dll for windows 7 64 bit: I need WMVcore.dll for windows 7 64 bit please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wmvcoredll-for-windows-7-64-bit/aed4a392-5022-4c06-b65d-0499fa9c30c6
  3. 64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    64-bit Windows not running 64-bit applications: I have a 64-bit PC, and I want to run an application, but everytime I do so it tells me that it can't run on my PC. I've tried running the troubleshooter, compatability mode, running as admin, and nothing works. I've been at this for a few hours now. Any suggestions would be...
  4. upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit: Need to upgrade my laptop windows from Windows 7 pro 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-7-pro-64-bit-to-windows-10-64/1d42cd03-b607-4de5-9651-516a3cb14b18
  5. changing from windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit with a windows 10 64 bit disc

changing from windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit with a windows 10 64 bit disc: I am running Windows 7 32 bit OS now and have purchased a Windows 10 64 bit pro disc. What do I need to do to have the system copy I made to an external hard drive transfer once I install windows 10? Do files saved in an older 32 bit version of prior software automatically...
  6. windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 7 32 bit to windows 10 64 bit: Would i be able to upgrade my 32 bit windows 7 pc to windows 10 64bit ? submitted by /u/doublettones [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fycryd/windows_7_32_bit_to_windows_10_64_bit/
  7. Windows 10, Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, Windows 7 64 bit and 32 bit: I have recently upgraded to a new PC and Windows 10. I have a hard drive attachment with all files from my old PC which had 64 bit operating system, although it also had older files from my earlier PC that was 32 bit operating system. Consequently I have two program...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit, Startup issue, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 64 bit, Startup issue, Very Slow: I bought Dell Laptop recently, However am very unhappy with the performance of it, i don't know whether it is due to the OS issue, it has Windows 10 64 bit OS, which takes a huge time to start, and Logon page appears after long wait. Also if we open any pictures, Docs, it...
  9. Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit)

Windows 10 (64 bit) Upgrade from Windows 7 (64 bit): Will there be a patch to install Windows 10 64 bit on our older computers? I know about the 32 bit version being compatible, but the AMD Athlon cpu's were originally designed to run 64 bit applications. Most of the cpu's have more than enough power for the OS. I'm sure there...
  10. WIndows 10 64 Bit System Performance Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIndows 10 64 Bit System Performance Very Slow: Hi I am using Windows 10 64 Bit product in my Laptop. The performance of my PC is very slow. I find it very difficult to multi task using the PC. The device specifications are as below: 1. Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro. 2. System Type: 64-Bit Operating System,...