Windows 10: copy text of winver dialogue

Discus and support copy text of winver dialogue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It would be very helpful if MS would help the user in the simple things of Windows.Why is it so necessary to prevent the user from copying the text of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen_Ford, Aug 27, 2021.

1. copy text of winver dialogue

It would be very helpful if MS would help the user in the simple things of Windows.Why is it so necessary to prevent the user from copying the text of the winver dialogue?Surely it's obvious that we use winver to get information and the chances are that someone has asked "What version are you using?"; now to me this is probably only on reason for using winver and that is to reply to such a question; so what would any user want to do? - copy & paste... nice and simple, no wizardry, no security issues, just give me some information and let me use it.So with arguable one of the most evolved o

:)

Stephen_Ford, Aug 27, 2021

2. Text invisible in programs dialogue box on Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know if the issue persists with other program dialogue boxes as well.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

Also, try to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of accessing text in program dialogue boxes for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 27, 2021
  3. WINVER Windows 10.586.3

Hi Rickie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

It is the license agreement which is agreed by users that they use Microsoft product. For more information I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+R”.

• Type “winver”.

• You will get the pop up screen about the Windows 10 license, there I suggest you to click on
      “Microsoft software license terms” and go through the policy terms and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 27, 2021
  4. copy text of winver dialogue

No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

copy text of winver dialogue

1. copy text of winver dialogue - Similar Threads - copy text winver

2. Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 -- Dialogue Box Default Size. NOT TEXT. Size of the Dialogue Box.: HelloHave looked through many questions. I just had my work computer upgraded to Windows 11. When I open a file, either through Word, Excel, etc., or use Windows Explorer, or try to insert a photo -- the dialogue box that pops up with the files in them is usually far too...
  3. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  4. WinVer?????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinVer?????????: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running Windows 10.This is about the version, of Windows.That, I'm running. Right now.I checked with, Windows Update.And it says, everything is "OK"But I don't believe, it is?And this, is proof of it:What is the latest version of Windows?Latest...
  5. Winver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  6. Winver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winver: I am having activation problems. I just ran 'Winver', and got a small window which shows'user name'at the bottom. How should I connect this laptop to my MS user account, and will this help my activation problem?...
  7. Winver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Winver: Hi, I upgraded 3 PC's to 2004 19041.264. When I go to Winver, 2 of them say (C) 2019 Microsoft Corporation and 1 of them says (C) 2020 Microsoft Corporation. I'm not bothered about fixing it. I just find it weird considering 2004 was released in 2020. All 3 PC's were...
  8. Copying text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying text: After I have selected (i.e., highlighted) text (in Word, emails, the internet) I wish to copy, when I right click to access the Copy function in the drop-down box the selection (i.e., highlighting) disappears before I can copy the text....
  9. How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to increase the size of (dialogue?) text: I would like to change the size of text in certain windows. In this screenshot you can see a window with somewhat small text which I would like to enlarge. Ironically, it's explaining my options for increasing the size of text in some situations but it doesn't appear to offer...
  10. WinVer

in Windows 10 Support
    WinVer: What is the new WinVer I am not sure mine is right Thanks [img] 50139