Windows 10: Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook

Discus and support Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; CDs and DVDs are no longer easy to use. Most notebooks and desktops no longer offer a CD or DVD reader/writer.I have a huge collection of songs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FernandoKneese, May 19, 2021.

1. Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook

CDs and DVDs are no longer easy to use. Most notebooks and desktops no longer offer a CD or DVD reader/writer.I have a huge collection of songs and movies officialy bought ! that I would like to copy into my notebook HD or SSD.How can I do it ?

:)

FernandoKneese, May 19, 2021
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

making copies of CD in windows 10

Hi Ahamed,

When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it's called "burning." When you copy music, pictures, and videos from a CD or DVD to your PC, it's called "ripping." You can use Windows Media Player to do both. May we know what
    type of file are you copying?

If in any case you need to make multiple copies of a CD, there are downloadable 3rd party applications that can perform such operation with ease.

To copy a CD with only one DVD drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Insert the CD you want to copy into the DVD drive.
    • Create a location folder and copy the contents of the CD to the folder.
    • Remove the CD from the DVD drive.
    • Insert the blank CD, and then burn the contents of the folder into the new CD.

For additional information, see
    Burn and rip CD's

Note: Steps provided in the above article may also apply in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, May 19, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, May 19, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook

DVD copy

Hello,

Thank you for replying back with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to copy the movie files from your DVD on your computer hard disk by opening the drive in the computer. You may follow the steps below -

• Insert the DVD in the CD\DVD drive.
    • Open computer, click on DVD drive, and Select the files you want to copy. To select all files, press Ctrl and A keys together, to select files randomly press Ctrl and left mouse click on the file.
    • Right click on the selected files, click on copy.
    • Select the location where you want to save those files, right click and paste it.
    Then you may insert the blank DVD and burn the disk using the Windows DVD Maker. You may refer to the below link for assistance in burning the DVD and other details -

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows DVD Maker -

Burn and rip CDs

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Arul_D, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook

1. Copy the content of all my CDs and DVDs to notebook - Similar Threads - Copy content CDs

2. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  3. CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CDs and DVDs do not work with my new laptop: I have loads of CDs and DVDs but my brand new Win11 Lenovo doesn't even recognise my remote USB drive. I've already looked into this and none of the fixes seem to work. Surely there MUST be a fix from microsoft for this? Not something requiring in-depth programming knowledge...
  4. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  5. Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player

Laptop not reading CDs/DVDs on external player: I have a Pavilion laptop with Windows 10 that has worked with my external CD/DVD player/burner for two years. Suddenly it is not reading the media on the disc and saying that they are blank when they are pre-recorded. I have tried this on several discs and one other external...
  6. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs: Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its...
  7. File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Windows 10 not recognising dvds & cds.: When inserting a dvd or cd nothing happens. Disc drive & drivers are working properly but the discs don't show on File Explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-in-windows-10-not-recognising-dvds/a8fb5e2e-3d39-4c24-959c-4cd3528ae5b3"
  8. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  9. Copying DVDs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying DVDs: How do I copy a DVD on to my PC with Windows 10 Media Player? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-dvds/7a901959-b165-4c40-ad18-0abfddaaa25b"
  10. Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.

Media Player not working for CDs or DVDs - and never has.: I have never succeeded in playing either a CD or DVD. When I insert a disc, it whirrs for a bit then is silent. Nothing appears in the navigation pane of media player, and it does not begin playing by itself. I have Windows 10 on a Toshiba....