Windows 10: Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time

Discus and support Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I posted a picture below where you can see that whenever i try to copy something on an usb stick the speed is overall low and falls down to 0 every few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ratanka, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Ratanka Win User

Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time

I posted a picture below where you can see that whenever i try to copy something on an usb stick the speed is overall low and falls down to 0 every few seconds so i need hours to write data on an usb stick that should normaly be done in seconds or minutes.

I tried different usb sticks but all have the same problem

So... i think the problem needs to be either a driverproblem or there is a services running that totaly destroys the speed for usb sticks.

pc is new from 2020

The copy to an extern harddrive as example works btw fine, so it should not really be the usb port itself as it can send with full speed just not to usb sticks ...

Anyone an idea what driver is the problem or what service can be the problem ?
    I saw alot people have this problem online but not a single solution can be found.

Windows is up to date and all drives are checked to be the newest ones.

Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time ce1871e1-9fc7-4907-b80e-0e5ab2dfc940?upload=true.jpg

PC INFOS:

AMD Ryzen 3900X

32GB RAM

Geforce RTX 2700 Super

Samsung SSD 750 EVO

Samsung SSD 970 EVO

used usb sticks:

Philips USB 3.0 256GB

INTENSO USB 3.0 256GB

Sandisk USB 3.0 128GB

ENUODA USB 3.0 64GB

all have this problem, i not had the problem on my old pc when i still used windows 7

:)

Ratanka, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Ratanka Win User

Copy to USB Stick on Windows10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time

I posted a picture below where you can see that whenever i try to copy something on an usb stick the speed is overall low and falls down to 0 every few seconds so i need hours to write data on an usb stick that should normaly be done in seconds or minutes.

I tried different usb sticks because i thought there might be the problem and i checked my mainboard but then i tried a LINUX usb stick to start my computer in Linux and there i can write with 100mb/s+ on the usb stick with absolute no problem at all and
    it never falls down.

So... i think the problem needs to be either a driverproblem or there is a services running that totaly destroys the speed for usb sticks. The hardware cant be the problem as it works fine in linux.

The copy to an extern harddrive as example works btw fine, so it should not really be the usb port itself as it can send with full speed just not to usb sticks ...

Anyone an idea what driver is the problem or what service can be the problem ?

I saw alot people have this problem online but not a single solution can be found.

Windows is up to date and all drives are checked to be the newest ones.

Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time ce1871e1-9fc7-4907-b80e-0e5ab2dfc940?upload=true.jpg

Ratanka, Oct 25, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time

1. Copy to USB Stick on Windows 10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time - Similar Threads - Copy USB Stick

2. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  3. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s: I have had my PC for a couple of months now and when I download anything whether it is a small file chrome or a big file PC game more than 50 GB the read always peaks at around 5 MB/s and write speed at about 20 MB/s, but for the most part it read 0 MB/s. As with the read and...
  4. Windows 10 - Active Time 0% - Read Speed 0 KB/s - Write Speed 0 KB/s

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  6. Copy to USB Stick on Windows10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy to USB Stick on Windows10 falls down to 0 bytes/s all the time: I posted a picture below where you can see that whenever i try to copy something on an usb stick the speed is overall low and falls down to 0 every few seconds so i need hours to write data on an usb stick that should normaly be done in seconds or minutes. I tried different...
  7. GPU at 0% all the time Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU at 0% all the time Windows 10: My GPU always stays at 0% usage I have Windows 10 64-bit, and these are my specs: IntelR CoreTM i5 CPU 4096 RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Driver version: 342.01 My GPU usage is always at 0% usage, when I play games such as Valorant and also when I don't. For instance,...
  8. Windows 10 FTP issue copying files to remote server. They are placed with 0 bytes and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 FTP issue copying files to remote server. They are placed with 0 bytes and...: I just purchased a new computer running Windows 10 Home and it's great. The only problem is that I can't get the FTP connection to my remote server working correctly with any program (WinSCP, FileZilla, etc.). On my older computer (Windows 8) using the exact same login...
  9. Copy network settings to usb stick?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy network settings to usb stick?: In Windows 7 I could copy my network settings to a usb stick and transfer it to another machine just by clicking on the file generated - really simple. But I can't find the same option in Win 10 - Anybody? 31476
  10. All in one USB Stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All in one USB Stick: Hi, Is there anyway to create a all in one install USB stick using the media creation tool. I have 2 pc's running windows 10 Pro and a laptop running windows 10 Home . It just saves me having to have 2 separate install USB Sticks. I have seen torrents available but I'd...