Windows 10: Copy user profile and settings

Discus and support Copy user profile and settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LissomRook3704, May 12, 2019.

1. Copy user profile and settings

Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I create a new user profile but all my files and settings, etc. are under my old profile (windows/users/Mike). I would like to create a new temporary user profile (Temp) that gets my Xbox live working again, them copy all my files, settings, etc. to the new profile (Temp). Then I would like to delete the old profile (Mike), create a new profile with the same name (Mike) so all my files would be in the same location as they are now under my windows/users/Mike folder. What is the best way to do this without losing any apps, data, shortcuts, data settings, personal settings, etc.?

If this is not in the correct forum please let me know so I can move it and get some resolution please.

Mike

:)

LissomRook3704, May 12, 2019

2. How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 12, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, May 12, 2019
  4. Uptime73 Win User

Copy user profile and settings

copying profiles in Vista Home Premium

Hello all. i have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I have one user profile "Andy". I would like to copy this profile to a new profile called "Andrew" and then delete the "Andy" profile.

I tried to create the Andrew profile through user accounts in control panel, but sometimes the 'Andrew' user doesn't show up in the users folder, and sometimes there's a TEMP folder instead. When I fo into the Andrew user account, it says

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with the default profile for the system. Please see the event log for details or contact youru administrator"

What steps do i need to take to create the user profile for "Andrew", copy the "Andy" profile into the "Andrew" user file, and delete the "Andy" profile? I read where you should disable UAC and i have tried that, but to no advail. Also, do I need to enable the built in administrator? Thanks for you help.

- Josh

Uptime73, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Copy user profile and settings

1. Copy user profile and settings - Similar Threads - Copy user profile

2. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  3. Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...
  4. User Profile Not Displayed In Settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile Not Displayed In Settings: I have a fresh install of Win10Pro and I'm having trouble with profiles. I can't turn off the log in step on startup (I've been through the process of turning it off, as seen in the image), and sometimes it shows a second profile with the same name (but without a profile...
  5. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile: Hello, I'm building an image for my work (education environment) and my boss choose to use Windows 10 LTSB. I was trying to manual inject the customize account I did into the default profile? This will allow any user whom signs in to get the "look and feel" as well as the...
  6. Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Customize Profile to Default Profile: Hello, I'm building an image for my work (education environment) and my boss choose to use Windows 10 LTSB. I was trying to manual inject the customize account I did into the default profile? This will allow any user whom signs in to get the "look and feel" as well as the...
  7. user profile status set to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    user profile status set to backup: how to I repair my user account. every time I log on windows preps it as if it is new account,. lost power when shut down after installing software , wouldn't boot afterwards, used windows 10 repair disk and now boots but cant sign on , I had a standard account just in case...
  8. Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared

Added User, original user / profile & settings disappeared: Upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 some months ago. Original profile did not require password to log in, and was not associated with a Google email or Microsoft account that I know of. I added a user a couple of days ago (added a personal account of mine with my own...
  9. How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?

How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (Pro), installed all the updates, but my Start Menu is broken - when you start typing in the search box, it shows no results, if I type "Settings", nothing comes up, if I type "Word", nothing gets there. Curiously, if I type the full...
  10. copying user profile using copy to function

copying user profile using copy to function: Hi I understand that in versions of Windows 7 and earlier there was a function with system advanced to copy a user profile from one to another profile.....using ' copy to ' I tried this in Windows 10, but the copy to option was greyed out, so used an app called Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. user profile copy to grayed

2. copy user settings from user profile\