Windows 10: Copy user unknown account to another user.

Discus and support Copy user unknown account to another user. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need a way to copy or merge an unknown account user with another user account. This issue arose when I disconnected my work or school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James_Z_X, Apr 4, 2021.

1. James_Z_X Win User

Copy user unknown account to another user.

Hello, I need a way to copy or merge an unknown account user with another user account.

This issue arose when I disconnected my work or school account under the settings - accounts - access work or school. I was having issues as the Azure account was limiting some control I had over my pc as it was technically administrated by my school.

I disconnected the account, and it removed the user in windows. My files are still there under the user folder.

I need a way to clone/copy/merge this unknown user to my current user. Preferably a result that is as close to my original goal, which was to basically transfer the user from a school email to a local account/email, while keeping everything intact.

Is there any way to use the old unknown user folder instead of the new user folder? Basically instead of:

C:/Users

• James new fresh user account with email that I want to use
    • JamesX User path of the old deleted user, that is now an unknown account

It becomes

C:/Users

• James Actually C:/user/JamesX , the old files just under the new email/useraccount

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

James_Z_X, Apr 4, 2021

2. How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Unknown user

<Okänd kontakt> is just Swedish for <Unknown contact>

When an unknown account is listed in permissions it's usually due to the file or folder having had permissions for a user account on this PC that has since been deleted. Or, if the drive is an external drive that is used by several machines, an account that exists on another PC.

Either way, as the unknown user doesn't exist on this PC then having it listed in permissions doesn't grant access to any account that actually exists.

Bree, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Copy user unknown account to another user. - Similar Threads - Copy user unknown

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. How to copy a directory from a OneDrive user account to another OneDrive user account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy a directory from a OneDrive user account to another OneDrive user account: My family purchased the Office 365 subscription with provision for six 6 1TB OneDrive user accounts. I am wanting to transfer my copy of the family photos to another family member. I don't want to download all the photos from my account and then upload them at 1/10th the...
  5. Possible to copy a user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible to copy a user account?: I've got a client who brought their W10 laptop to me because they got locked out of their account. I used a third party tool on Windows PE in an effort to reset their password, but it was a live ID not a local account. Next thing I did was reset the Administrator password,...
  6. Another users is using this account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Another users is using this account: Ok so I have a local account thier a couple of users on my pc that I only use. My gaming account and my main account but I had an issue with the users folders because it wasn't the name of my microsoft email address that I use for normal non gaming things. So I go to...
  7. Moving an account to another user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving an account to another user: I rebuilt a computer for my girlfriend and I and when I loaded two new copies of windows 10 on each computer I used my account to set them up. Is there a way I can move the windows key on her computer to her windows account after the fact?...
  8. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  9. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  10. Unknown second user account

Unknown second user account: I took the free upgrade to Windows 10 about a week ago. An unknown second user has started appearing on the password log-in screen. It has the name 'smmosbvjntf'. It is easily removed from the user account box but usually reappears on the log-in screen within 24 hours. I...