Windows 10: copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ?

Discus and support copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; how to copy all my data to external drive ? coz i want to reformat my maptop.. will have to backup my outlook also ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by winstyl, May 9, 2019.

1. winstyl Win User

copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ?

how to copy all my data to external drive ? coz i want to reformat my maptop.. will have to backup my outlook also ?

:)

winstyl, May 9, 2019
  2. lZKoce Win User

Slow speeds when copying on external drive

Hi all,

since I installed TeraCopy I started to monitor my copy speeds and they are un-usually slow. Here is a real example. Laptop specs are in my profile, I have 3 USB 3.0 ports + 1 Super charge (the yellow one). Regular 8GB USB 2.0 flash drive. It copies at exactly 6MB/s from my laptop. I put it on another weaker specs laptop- 16MB/s, (same flash drive, same file). I hoked to a 10 years old DELL laptop- same result- 16mb/s. Tried with external HDD, same slow copy speeds from my USB ports. Seriously?

One solution I saw was to go to Device manager->Drives->Policies and switch to "Better performance", but use the icon to unplug the drive. Haven't tested with my drive, but another showed no difference at all.

I have no un-recognized devices on the list:

copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ? Device%20manager%201.png

lZKoce, May 9, 2019
  3. JohnL_793 Win User
    Windows 10: How to transfer data from an external hard drive to a new laptop

When I press Ctrl Key + V Key to paste it in the computer - as per Step 6 above - this starts to copy all files back into the same external drive.

Have the above instructions - Steps 1 to 6 - been revised since April 2016 and, if so, what steps should I follow?

JohnL_793, May 9, 2019
  4. copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ?

Slow speeds when copying on external drive

Slow Speed

Hiii..... Since you are facing from slow speed problems.. You need to take care of your computer very well otherwise it may stuck some day later.. So, first perform disk cleanup so that all your cookies are clear, update your PC with some antivirus. You can follow the steps and I belive it will be helpful for you.

USB storage devices can be optimized for either quick removal or performance. If optimized for quick removal, data transfer can potentially be reduced to a crawl.

To optimize your USB drive for performance:
    1.Right click on the USB drive and select properties
    2.Select the Hardware tab
    3.Under All Disk Drives, highlight your USB drive and select Properties
    4.Select the Policies tab and select Optimize for performance.
    5.Press OK twice, and your transfer speeds should increase dramatically
    Note that when your drive is optimized for performance you'll need to use the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the taskbar to eject the drive - otherwise you'll risk corrupting your data by just removing the drive from the port.

mariamenounous, May 9, 2019
Thema:

copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ?

1. copy win 10 lenovo laptop all data to external drive ? - Similar Threads - copy lenovo laptop

2. Copying Backup data files to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying Backup data files to an external drive.: Hi, I am Hemant, I make Astm A320 L7 BoltsI have several external drives attached to my Desktop machine. One has Genealogy files, one is for Backups, another is for archiving Photography.When I work on the Genealogical files I like to bring an entire family folder onto the...
  3. Copying Backup data files to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copying Backup data files to an external drive.: Hi, I am Hemant, I make Astm A320 L7 BoltsI have several external drives attached to my Desktop machine. One has Genealogy files, one is for Backups, another is for archiving Photography.When I work on the Genealogical files I like to bring an entire family folder onto the...
  4. Copying Backup data files to an external drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. External display stopped working with Win 10 Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External display stopped working with Win 10 Lenovo laptop: Hi Last week w/c 20 July my Win 10 Lenovo laptop was working fine using an external Acer display model K272HL dis using a known good HDMI lead. Part way through the week it stopped working and this seemed to coincide with an automatic Windows update. Updating or rolling...
  6. Copying a data only drive to a larger data drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying a data only drive to a larger data drive: I did the copy, but do I just change the drive letters in Disk Management? The data is fine, I just don't know where to go from here. IOW, I copied my smaller disk E (Platter drive) to larger disk G (SSD) and would like it to function just like the smaller E drive did....
  7. How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?: Before I send my laptop computer to HP for repairs, I want to copy or back up my data not programs or system to my external hard drive which contains plenty of free space. When I try to copy or drag&drop the Windows\Users folder, the dialog box specifies fewer files 3500...
  8. How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Copy My Data from Laptop to External Hard Drive?: Before I send my laptop computer to HP for repairs, I want to copy or back up my data not programs or system to my external hard drive which contains plenty of free space. When I try to copy or drag&drop the Windows\Users folder, the dialog box specifies fewer files 3500...
  9. Error while copying data to external drive from OneDrive

Error while copying data to external drive from OneDrive: I get this error message when copying from my OneDrive folder to an external drive, the external drive has plenty of free space. i'm using 176gb of 1tb of my OneDrive space. [ATTACH] ***Original title: error message when coping to external drive***...
  10. Can't copy data from my laptop to my external hard drive

Can't copy data from my laptop to my external hard drive: Hi all, I have a 500gb canvio basic that I recently purchased. Yesterday, i was moving some data from my HP laptop & the battery died in the middle of transferring. At this point, i am unable to transfer data from the laptop to the hard drive (it disconnects itself) but I...