Windows 10: Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer

Discus and support Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10 who is about to go south so I wonder if I can use the last taken Image from that laptop and copy to the new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OLIRC1961, Nov 5, 2020.

1. OLIRC1961 Win User

Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer

I have a laptop with Windows 10 who is about to go south so I wonder if I can use the last taken Image from that laptop and copy to the new computer?

I know I can't use the license from the old one but if I buy a new serial key is it then possible to do what I'm about to do.

Or will my new computer refuse to boot into Windows when it sees im using an invalid serial key?

:)

OLIRC1961, Nov 5, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

indeed OEM's have embedded keys a OEM upgrade is for machines with OEM copies and DO NOT COME WITH A KEY! sadly many vendors confuse the two because pre-windows 10 'OEM" came with a key
    a end user should always buy a Retail OR "System builder OEM" copy when it comes to windows 10 system builder is not `OEM` you can blame microsoft for the retarded terminology screw up

it sounds like the op bought a pirated copy with no key microsoft does not ship windows 10 on optical disks .... they use flash drives

OneMoar, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Copy Windows 10 OEM to a new computer - Similar Threads - Copy OEM computer

2. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  3. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated: Dear All,I have a brand new computer with windows 10 PRO OEM installed and for the first time in my life, the operating system is not activated; if I try to activate it from the Activation menu, it returns the following error translated fro Italian;It's not possible to...
  4. New Windows 10 Pro OEM Computer not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    copy windows 10 system to new computer: I have taken a backup of my old PC and have tried to restore it on to the new PC. If I do not wish the original location I am asked to define the start location. The first time I ran this I chose original location, thinking it would give me a visible copy of what I see on the...
  6. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy windows 10 system to new computer: I have taken a backup of my old PC and have tried to restore it on to the new PC. If I do not wish the original location I am asked to define the start location. The first time I ran this I chose original location, thinking it would give me a visible copy of what I see on the...
  7. copy windows 10 system to new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 OEM activation on a new computer: Hello. I have windows 10, a bought OEM licence. In settings under 'activation' it says 'is 'activated with a digital licence linked to your Microsoft account.' So, will I be able to install & activate my windows 10 on a NEW computer? I was told I won't, but if I have it...
  9. Can I run a oem copy of windows on a new pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I run a oem copy of windows on a new pc?: I have a hp pavilion p6277c-b that I want to upgrade, I have a gtx 1050ti in it and I ran a test on MSI Afterburner and found out that in games my cpu bottle necks my gpu. I would like to upgrade my cpu and mother board but I don't want to buy a new version of windows. Could...
  10. New computer, new Windows 10, copy/paste not working

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer, new Windows 10, copy/paste not working: I am posting this on my wife's behalf, regarding her new ASUS Windows 10 computer, that I configured over the just-ended weekend. She is unable to copy (either ctrl/c or context menu) and paste (either ctrl/v or context menu) from something on a Firefox or Chrome page,...