Windows 10: Copy Windows 10 settings

Discus and support Copy Windows 10 settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I bought new components for my PC and i want to reinstall my Windows, but i am frightened at the thought of changing again all the settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xYoKx, May 25, 2020.

1. /u/xYoKx Win User

Copy Windows 10 settings

Hello,

I bought new components for my PC and i want to reinstall my Windows, but i am frightened at the thought of changing again all the settings and the registry that i played with. Is there any way to save al the changes (general settings + reg.) that i made to my Windows?

Of course, i googled first, but all i see is "Copy settings and files" and it doesn t seem appropriate. I don t need any files copied to my new PC. I would very much appreciate your replies!

Thank you!

submitted by /u/xYoKx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xYoKx, May 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 25, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Copy Windows 10 settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Copy Windows 10 settings

1. Copy Windows 10 settings - Similar Threads - Copy settings

2. How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?: I have tested multiple extensions on both Edge and Chrome, but nothing seems to work for me. The email addresses I need to copy is in some sort of modal window, and none of the extensions won't work. I deal with numerous email addresses daily, and I am tired of having to...
  3. How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i set mailto links to be copied to clipboard?: I have tested multiple extensions on both Edge and Chrome, but nothing seems to work for me. The email addresses I need to copy is in some sort of modal window, and none of the extensions won't work. I deal with numerous email addresses daily, and I am tired of having to...
  4. EXE file compatibility mode I set is reset to General when I copy the file to another...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXE file compatibility mode I set is reset to General when I copy the file to another...: Using Windows 10, I'm trying to copy an exe file part of an Install disc with its compatibility mode set to XP-SP3 I used the Properties windows. All is well. When I copy this file if if set to read only to another folder the compatibility mode in the copy is reset to...
  5. EXE file compatibility mode I set is reset to General when I copy the file to another...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXE file compatibility mode I set is reset to General when I copy the file to another...: Using Windows 10, I'm trying to copy an exe file part of an Install disc with its compatibility mode set to XP-SP3 I used the Properties windows. All is well. When I copy this file if if set to read only to another folder the compatibility mode in the copy is reset to...
  6. EXE file compatibility mode I set is reset to General when I copy the file to another...

7. Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...: Hi all,I'm running a Win 11 laptop on the most recent version 23H2 at time of writing and I'm having issues with my laptop copying manual DNS settings I have for a single network to every other wifi network I connect to, preventing internet access.I have a pi-hole set up at...
  8. Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...

Custom DNS set for one wifi connection constantly copied over to other networks despite DNS...: Hi all,I'm running a Win 11 laptop on the most recent version 23H2 at time of writing and I'm having issues with my laptop copying manual DNS settings I have for a single network to every other wifi network I connect to, preventing internet access.I have a pi-hole set up at...
  9. Set Maximum allowed copies as 1 per print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Maximum allowed copies as 1 per print: Hello Community,Is there any way to set the maximum allowed copies as 1 per print on my personal system. when i print a document it should print only one 1 copies and there should not be any option to change or Increase the number of copies at the print preview page.PS: have...
  10. Set Maximum allowed copies as 1 per print

Set Maximum allowed copies as 1 per print: Hello Community,Is there any way to set the maximum allowed copies as 1 per print on my personal system. when i print a document it should print only one 1 copies and there should not be any option to change or Increase the number of copies at the print preview page.PS: have...