Windows 10: Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

Discus and support Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a Word doc with heading styles. When I import this document into a database the heading numbers are lost and I just get the heading text. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mojorising, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

I have a Word doc with heading styles.

When I import this document into a database the heading numbers are lost and I just get the heading text.

I want to copy the heading numbers so they are duplicated as static text at the beginning of the heading so that when I import the document then the heading numbers will get imported.

I need to retain the heading styles since they cause the import to replicate the structural hierarchy of the document.

I could do this manually but it would take a long time.

Is there any way to automate this?

:)

mojorising, Feb 5, 2019
  2. caroles22 Win User

E72 headings unclear

On some screens, some of the letters are missing on headings eg text messa rather than text message - there seems little space for the remaining letters. Also sometimes it takes a couple of seconds for the full word to appear eg on the personalisation
    page, it first appears as personalisa and then the final letters appear. Other than that phone is good so far.

caroles22, Feb 5, 2019
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

print heads not working

I just bought and installed print heads. The hp solution center says the black/yellow print head was not working, but display said all. I can not use display to print an alignment page. Just says all print heads have a problem. How do I fix this? I
    have tried the print heads solutions. Now I would like to try to get an alignment anyway from my computer to see if I really do have the problem. Can you make a suggestion on what to do, since I believe there is nothing wrong with the new print head?

natashakingsberry, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

1. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading - Similar Threads - Copy Word Heading

2. Bose head phone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bose head phone.: trying to set up to my laptop asus and cant get it hook up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bose-head-phone/7917f9fd-d079-4edf-a19f-57e2d512268a
  3. Cleaning the head nozzle

Cleaning the head nozzle: Which buttons do I press to start the head nozzle cleaning. I have lost my support book. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-the-head-nozzle/f775d828-ea1b-49f0-8dd1-5486f148dbcb
  4. Head scratcher Thunderbird mail

in Browsers and Email
    Head scratcher Thunderbird mail: When my sister in law opens Thrunderbird on her laptop it loads and starts about twenty instances of it. Its the only program that does it. I've checked everything I think off short of reinstalling but I'd like to find out why. Any ideas? 128167
  5. double headed arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    double headed arrow: Does anyone know how to move a double headed arrow with thekeyboard? 126438
  6. head phone jack

head phone jack: How do you disable the headphone jack on a HP laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-phone-jack/e61004f1-1b8d-40c2-909b-ea200ab7b18e
  7. Head Phones No Longer Work.......

Head Phones No Longer Work.......: Since my last Windows 10 update from Microsoft, when I plug in my headphones, they no longer work - the laptop speakers are still on. I looked in the sound section of settings, and the headphones do not show up any more - they used to. In fact, when I would plug in my...
  8. head phones not working

head phones not working: head phones not working on windows 10 realtek hd audio manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/head-phones-not-working/1c8d914f-b484-4148-bee0-9a50d12c29ed
  9. Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler HEAD SCRATCHER: I asked a PC Expert on YouTube for help. I wanted a way to force Defender to do a weekly full scan (not the quick scans it prefers doing). Brian (the kind Brit PC guru) posted a tutorial using Task Scheduler here -- How to Schedule a FULL Scan with Windows Defender - YouTube...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...