Windows 10: Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

Discus and support Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a Word doc with heading styles. When I import this document into a database the heading numbers are lost and I just get the heading text. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mojorising, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

I have a Word doc with heading styles.

When I import this document into a database the heading numbers are lost and I just get the heading text.

I want to copy the heading numbers so they are duplicated as static text at the beginning of the heading so that when I import the document then the heading numbers will get imported.

I need to retain the heading styles since they cause the import to replicate the structural hierarchy of the document.

I could do this manually but it would take a long time.

Is there any way to automate this?

:)

mojorising, Feb 5, 2019
  2. caroles22 Win User

E72 headings unclear

On some screens, some of the letters are missing on headings eg text messa rather than text message - there seems little space for the remaining letters. Also sometimes it takes a couple of seconds for the full word to appear eg on the personalisation
    page, it first appears as personalisa and then the final letters appear. Other than that phone is good so far.

caroles22, Feb 5, 2019
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

print heads not working

I just bought and installed print heads. The hp solution center says the black/yellow print head was not working, but display said all. I can not use display to print an alignment page. Just says all print heads have a problem. How do I fix this? I
    have tried the print heads solutions. Now I would like to try to get an alignment anyway from my computer to see if I really do have the problem. Can you make a suggestion on what to do, since I believe there is nothing wrong with the new print head?

natashakingsberry, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading

1. Copy Word Heading number into text value of heading - Similar Threads - Copy Word Heading

2. windows: where is it heading??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows: where is it heading??: this discusssion is to discuss where windows is heading and our pro insiders will notify microsoft and save s from another windows 8 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-where-is-it-heading/ce0bb981-d22d-447f-8b15-19d471751286
  3. head phones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    head phones: When I plug in headphones do not work. So I have to re install the driver and restart the computer. I have do this every time I start the computer.. Any solution for this in Windows 10....
  4. Using head phones

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using head phones: I bought my HP laptop from my employer and there may be corp settings that are locking out my headphone jack? When I try using the troubleshoot process to check the audio for headphones it asks for my product key. Is this a setting I can modify? I do not have the product...
  5. head phones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    head phones: the jack for the headphones doesn't seem to be working.. when I go into the apt to find the sound icons.. it only shows speakers working.. it will not go to headphones...
  6. TOC headings

in Windows 10 Customization
    TOC headings: How do I change table of content headings or chapters in my case to another page on a specific line? When I enter my chapters down spaces onto another page, it skips to a designated space middle of the next page, 1/3 down the page. How do I designate it where I prefer?...
  7. Head phones not working

Head phones not working: How do I make my head phones work after upgrading from 7 to 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/head-phones-not-working/a809852e-d6b3-402e-a7ce-8348d313d6b2
  8. Cleaning the head nozzle

Cleaning the head nozzle: Which buttons do I press to start the head nozzle cleaning. I have lost my support book. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cleaning-the-head-nozzle/f775d828-ea1b-49f0-8dd1-5486f148dbcb
  9. double headed arrow

in Windows 10 Support
    double headed arrow: Does anyone know how to move a double headed arrow with thekeyboard? 126438
  10. head phones not working

head phones not working: head phones not working on windows 10 realtek hd audio manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/head-phones-not-working/1c8d914f-b484-4148-bee0-9a50d12c29ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to copy heading numbers in word