Windows 10: copying 216,452 files , 17453 folders to sd card, doesn't match Laptop

Discus and support copying 216,452 files , 17453 folders to sd card, doesn't match Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, For several yrs I've been using Teracopy on W7 to copy/move lg amounts of files as laptop backup to a 250gb SD card with no problems. By no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, May 10, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

copying 216,452 files , 17453 folders to sd card, doesn't match Laptop

Hi,

For several yrs I've been using Teracopy on W7 to copy/move lg amounts of files as laptop backup to a 250gb SD card with no problems. By no problems I mean when I finished & using "properties" the # of files matched on the SD & Laptop.

In W10 I did not use Teracopy just the W10 copy process and I repeatedly got some strange results:

Files on Laptop: 159 GB, 238,738 files, 19,862 folders.
    Files copied to SD card: 141 GB, 216-452 files, 17,453 folders.
    Where did I go wrong?

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, May 10, 2020

2. Cannot copy music files to SD card

Dear Arnie,

Thanks for your suggestions and see below...

Put card into surface and run scan; all ok

Files will not copy to music folder (either mp3 or jpeg or excel) I tried all sorts of files ad none would work

I did copy a music file to "videos" on the card and it copied perfectly (since deleted it)

It seems the "MUSIC" folder on the card is locked to copying when the card is in the phone because I CAN copy music files to it when it is in the surface pro.

Music is default to save to SD card

I cannot see to add music in groove as I already have over 7500 songs on my 200GB card.

Many thanks,

A.

ArthurGoan, May 10, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 10, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Transferring data from laptop to micro sd card

Hi,

To help you in transferring the files from your PC to your SD card, follow the steps below:

• Connect the micro SD card reader to your computer.
    • Plug the micro SD card into the card reader.
    • Open the folder that contains files you want to transfer to the SD card.
    • Select the files, press and hold "Ctrl" and then, click the files that you want to transfer. Or press "Ctrl + A" to select all the files in the folder.
    • Press "Ctrl + C" to copy the files.
    • Choose a drive on your SD card and open the folder where you want to store the files.
    • Press "Ctrl + V" to paste the files.
    • Wait until all files are transferred then, remove the micro SD card from the card reader.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Julie Ram, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. copying 216,452 files , 17453 folders to sd card, doesn't match Laptop - Similar Threads - copying 216 452

2. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying: Hi all,Would really appreciate some help with this as it's been driving me mad for months. Basically, when I try to copy files to my microSD card, after I eject it going through the proper channels, it just seems to delete them instantly. I'm using a Sandisk SD card...
  3. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying: Hi all,Would really appreciate some help with this as it's been driving me mad for months. Basically, when I try to copy files to my microSD card, after I eject it going through the proper channels, it just seems to delete them instantly. I'm using a Sandisk SD card...
  4. Issue with Micro SD Card Deleting Files After Copying

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No "rename" or "delete" option for SD card folders or files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "rename" or "delete" option for SD card folders or files: How do I restore the option to delete or rename folders/files on an SD card?Not sure when this trouble started.There is no delete or rename option in the context options at the top of the respective window - not even a grayed-out icon.All other folders/files that I've checked...
  6. Copying MP3 files to SD Card

Copying MP3 files to SD Card: I want to copy all of my music from my laptop to an 256Gb Micro SD card to use in a media player and my phone. I've now done it several times with the same result. I drag and drop the folder Called Music! Over several hours, maybe 6, it copies the 214GB over to the sd...
  7. error while copying files from SD card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    error while copying files from SD card: Hey ! I wanted to copy my video files from my camera's SD card to my Windows PC but something went wrong while it copy. Now I only find one file on the SD card where were more than 100 video files. That one file has no format type. I used a data recovery free software and...
  8. sd card files

sd card files: Hi I am trying to play files from my Dashcam SD Card I get message saying windows media cant play files as it doesn't know which codec was used to compress the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-files/7234fbb0-99d2-46fc-8a7d-767106d4691d"
  9. Copying sd card to computer

Copying sd card to computer: I am trying to copy a 16 gb sd card to my laptop and it keeps stopping. It starts off good then the speed drops to 0. How can I keep this from happening so it finishes copying?...
  10. Copy mp3 music files to SD card for car stereo

Copy mp3 music files to SD card for car stereo: I have a new car which does not have a CD player but does have an SD card slot. I have copied and pasted mp3 files from a CD to an SD card but the card is not recognized by the car stereo. The card format shows exFAT file type. How can I get the car system to recognize...