Windows 10: copying a cd to desktop

Discus and support copying a cd to desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I copy a CD TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-a-cd-to-desktop/cf799ed8-4c20-40fe-b61a-8fbb88b15e44" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOTERODENIS, Sep 3, 2019.

1. copying a cd to desktop

How do I copy a CD TO MY DESKTOP

:)

SOTERODENIS, Sep 3, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    making copies of CD in windows 10

Hi Ahamed,

When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it's called "burning." When you copy music, pictures, and videos from a CD or DVD to your PC, it's called "ripping." You can use Windows Media Player to do both. May we know what
    type of file are you copying?

If in any case you need to make multiple copies of a CD, there are downloadable 3rd party applications that can perform such operation with ease.

To copy a CD with only one DVD drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Insert the CD you want to copy into the DVD drive.
    • Create a location folder and copy the contents of the CD to the folder.
    • Remove the CD from the DVD drive.
    • Insert the blank CD, and then burn the contents of the folder into the new CD.

For additional information, see
    Burn and rip CD's

Note: Steps provided in the above article may also apply in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Sep 3, 2019
  4. copying a cd to desktop

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

copying a cd to desktop

1. copying a cd to desktop - Similar Threads - copying desktop

2. Remote Desktop won't allow me to copy from server to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop won't allow me to copy from server to laptop: We just bought a new laptop with Windows 10, I use remote desktop to connect to our Windows Server 2012 R2. I use to be able to connect and then copy a file from the server to my laptop running Windows 7. Now when I try to, all that happens is the computer beeps at me and...
  3. copying Desktop and Start Menu to Another Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    copying Desktop and Start Menu to Another Computer: I would like to duplicate my Desktop and Start Menu to my backup computer. Is there a way to do it? Perhaps using Macrium maybe? Thank you. 141011
  4. Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot copy/cut and paste or save file/folder operations on the desktop or documents folder: On the day of writing this, I havent been able to copy/cut and paste or save files or folders on my desktop and in the documents folder. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] The same happens with TeraCopy if I do the same operation inside the documents folder. I'm sure its not...
  5. HOW TO COPY CD TO DESKTOP

HOW TO COPY CD TO DESKTOP: HOW TO COPY CD TO DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-cd-to-desktop/1558d416-5121-49f7-83c2-43a7aebc9845"
  6. Desktop file relocation results only in copy

Desktop file relocation results only in copy: After the new update for WIndows 10, I'm encountering numerous problems. One is this: On the desktop, if I want to move a file icon from one spot to another, which is done by left click/hold on icon and drag to new location, instead of moving the file, it leaves the file in...
  7. Can't save/copy to Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music or Pictures after removing Norton...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't save/copy to Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music or Pictures after removing Norton...: I recently bough an Acer laptop that came pre-installed with a free trial of Norton Security After uninstalling Norton Security I have lost write access to the Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music and Desktop folders. I've been trying to get support from Acer, Nortand and...
  8. Desktop extremely laggy when copying files on workstation-grade PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop extremely laggy when copying files on workstation-grade PC: Hi there, I'm on a very powerful machine with Win 10 Pro Ryzen 7 1800x 32GB DDR4 2666Mhz RTX 2080 (Main Display UHD) + GTX 1080 (Second Display HD) C:\ 1TB Sandisk Ultra SSD (>30% free) D:\-G:\ HDDs Pro Audio Soundcard (RME) and lots of USB 3 - attached hardware...
  9. Google Chrome copies over all desktop tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome copies over all desktop tabs: I am using Windows 10 on a Surface Pro and for some reason when using Google Chrome, the window I'm on copies over onto every desktop which makes it annoying and almost impossible to use different desktops on my laptop. I was wondering if this was a windows issue or maybe...
  10. Mutliple desktops, open a copy of app on the desktop I'm using, not in the other desktops...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mutliple desktops, open a copy of app on the desktop I'm using, not in the other desktops...: Hi everyone, I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and making more use of the Desktop (Task View) functionality. Maybe I'm using it counter-intuitively, but what I need are desktops organized around the people-facing tasks I do: Desktop 1 is focused on work email, products,...