Windows 10: Copying and downloading files delayed process.

Discus and support Copying and downloading files delayed process. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a couple of issues on my Windows 10. First, if I download a relatively huge file (50mb upwards) the last byte gets stuck. Meaning the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dplgngr, Nov 19, 2018.

1. dplgngr Win User

Copying and downloading files delayed process.

I'm having a couple of issues on my Windows 10.

First, if I download a relatively huge file (50mb upwards) the last byte gets stuck. Meaning the download indicator is already between 99-100% but its not completing the process immediately. I'll have to wait 15-30 seconds for it to complete. Same thing if I transfer the file to another folder.

I'm thinking its a scanner issue, although I'm only using the default Windows Defender and non other. And that its not a browser issue since I'm experiencing the same delayed process on File Explorer (copying and pasting huge files).

:)

dplgngr, Nov 19, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Copying and downloading files delayed process. - Similar Threads - Copying downloading files

2. Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!: When I copying a file or shortcut in Windows, the subsequent insertion is accompanied by a copy dialog box, which is displayed for a long time due to special standart animation, is there any way to remove this 'long animation'? This crutch is terribly annoying. Not only does...
  3. Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!: When I copying a file or shortcut in Windows, the subsequent insertion is accompanied by a copy dialog box, which is displayed for a long time due to special standart animation, is there any way to remove this 'long animation'? This crutch is terribly annoying. Not only does...
  4. Long animation for copying a file in Windows 10 with specially increased delay!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  6. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    20 second delay when copying files or creating folders: Hello,There is a 20 second delay when I'm copying files or creating folders. I'm on Windows Pro 21H2. It started about two days ago. All I can think about as changes are installing NVIDIA display drivers and installing Davinci Resolve. I uninstalled both but it doesn't help....
  7. 20 second delay when copying files or creating folders

8. Copying and downloading files is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying and downloading files is broken: Okay so, I bought a 1TB usb 1 week ago I'm having this problem always, and I can't find any solutions for this When I copy a folder with files, the result of the folder in the usb is always folder is empty.. This is a screenshot of the problem: [ATTACH] I also tried...
  9. Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files

Delay in 'new folder' creation and in copy-pasting files: I noticed this problem recently, perhaps after the latest update not sure . If I try to create a new folder in a directory, either by right-click>>New>>Folder or by clicking the 'New Folder' button, one of these things happen : 1. Nothing happens, the folder does not get...
  10. All files vanished in the process of copying

in Windows 10 Support
    All files vanished in the process of copying: Desktop PC Windows 10 home 64b. purchased 5 months ago. This has happened 2 times in 3 months: An SD memory card was taken out of a DSLR after shooting 30 or 40 photos and inserted into the above said PC for copying the photos. A message showed up saying something like an...