Windows 10: Copying and downloading files delayed process.

Discus and support Copying and downloading files delayed process. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm having a couple of issues on my Windows 10. First, if I download a relatively huge file (50mb upwards) the last byte gets stuck. Meaning the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dplgngr, Nov 19, 2018.

1. dplgngr Win User

Copying and downloading files delayed process.

I'm having a couple of issues on my Windows 10.

First, if I download a relatively huge file (50mb upwards) the last byte gets stuck. Meaning the download indicator is already between 99-100% but its not completing the process immediately. I'll have to wait 15-30 seconds for it to complete. Same thing if I transfer the file to another folder.

I'm thinking its a scanner issue, although I'm only using the default Windows Defender and non other. And that its not a browser issue since I'm experiencing the same delayed process on File Explorer (copying and pasting huge files).

:)

dplgngr, Nov 19, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Copying and downloading files delayed process. - Similar Threads - Copying downloading files

2. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  3. downloading process interrupted

downloading process interrupted: While I was downloading components from Autodesk, the process suddenly interrupted and the system required me to contact my system administrator. Is there any way to download these components?...
  4. Copy files faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files faster!: Good evening, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Is it nice to tell me how can I copy it to internal HDD faster? I mention that I tried using the Windows 10 Home utility and it takes over 3 hours. Thank you! Wait for response! A...
  5. Delay to see files immediately after download (HDD already spinning?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delay to see files immediately after download (HDD already spinning?): My browser is set to download files to an HDD (not my system disk SSD). Sometimes after downloading them, I like to go and access them in the file browser. I'm often confronted with the image below and I was hoping someone could tell me why? I think, in order to download to...
  6. Windows indexing service -- 100s of copies of process suspended

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows indexing service -- 100s of copies of process suspended: Am running Win10pro 64bit, using windows encrypted file system and standard indexing service. Everything had been running normally, but for some reason Windows is now throwing the Search Filter Host process into suspend sate every few seconds...and the processes never come...
  7. Homegroup - copying files

Homegroup - copying files: I want to copy files from the source PC to the destination PC, but I don't want to allow editing or deletion of these files from the destination PC. How do I set this up? Thanks! Tried setting the destination folder as Homegroup > View, but then it will not allow me to...
  8. All files vanished in the process of copying

in Windows 10 Support
    All files vanished in the process of copying: Desktop PC Windows 10 home 64b. purchased 5 months ago. This has happened 2 times in 3 months: An SD memory card was taken out of a DSLR after shooting 30 or 40 photos and inserted into the above said PC for copying the photos. A message showed up saying something like an...
  9. Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?: .exe files in particular won't copy from my Downloads folder to another drive? It says something like " Do you wish to Copy with missing files? " Thanks 49175
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198