Windows 10: Copying and downloading files is broken

Discus and support Copying and downloading files is broken in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay so, I bought a 1TB usb 1 week ago I'm having this problem always, and I can't find any solutions for this When I copy a folder with files, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jarvis Pastoril, May 26, 2020.

1. Copying and downloading files is broken

Okay so, I bought a 1TB usb 1 week ago

I'm having this problem always, and I can't find any solutions for this

When I copy a folder with files, the result of the folder in the usb is always folder is empty..

This is a screenshot of the problem:

Copying and downloading files is broken baffb897-51b6-44e8-94b5-ce1e6fe5cf45?upload=true.png

I also tried copying each file one by one and the file turns out corrupted and unusable, I've had this problem after 5 hours on having my usb....

If anyone can find a solution, advanced thanks you

:)

Jarvis Pastoril, May 26, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 26, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 26, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Copying and downloading files is broken

How to copy files from a dvd which doesnot copies?

Have you considered that your disk is simply broken at that point, causing the pause in copying?

Seriously, use a piece of software like Daemon Tools to copy your DVD stuff. It has logs that tell you what goes wrong so we don't all have to guess what is breaking without any information.

Take the steps people are recommending. If you're not doing that then there's no point in you making a thread asking for help you're going to ignore.

RCoon, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Copying and downloading files is broken

1. Copying and downloading files is broken - Similar Threads - Copying downloading files

2. Copy & paste Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy & paste Broken: My copy and paste is broken but only fix and cause problem WHEN i launch roblox and copy paste from there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-broken/56aea240-49cc-4995-acdc-19fb13b718c3
  3. Copy & paste Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy & paste Broken: My copy and paste is broken but only fix and cause problem WHEN i launch roblox and copy paste from there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-broken/56aea240-49cc-4995-acdc-19fb13b718c3
  4. Download Broken :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Broken :: evertyime I try to download a folder that is unzipped with 7zip it keeps trying to make me install 7zip again.. I don't know why and I have already uninstalled 7zip and reinstalled it. how do I fix, yes?...
  5. Broken Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken Downloads Folder: Whenever I open my downloads folder it says working on it and stops responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-downloads-folder/7ee06e57-ab5d-4ed9-93f4-be5600fa18c3
  6. File Table broken after copying files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Table broken after copying files: After installing a new Windows 10 (Home) on my friends new SSD we tried to copy files (~170GB) from my PC (Windows 10 Pro) via SATA-Cable. After launching his system the files were gone (not showing in the explorer). chkdsk on the other hand found the problems. The second...
  7. Copying and downloading files delayed process.

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying and downloading files delayed process.: I'm having a couple of issues on my Windows 10. First, if I download a relatively huge file (50mb upwards) the last byte gets stuck. Meaning the download indicator is already between 99-100% but its not completing the process immediately. I'll have to wait 15-30 seconds for...
  8. Broken Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Files: Alright, so, a while ago, I got a new Windows 10. And it was acting like it was still inside the store I bought it from. (Putting up an ad about HP laptops every minuter or so.)So I decided to try and reset it back the the factory version. But, It got even worse. First, it...
  9. Broken Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Files: Alright, so, a while ago, I got a new Windows 10. And it was acting like it was still inside the store I bought it from. (Putting up an ad about HP laptops every minuter or so.)So I decided to try and reset it back the the factory version. But, It got even worse. First, it...
  10. Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Copying a file from Downloads folder?: .exe files in particular won't copy from my Downloads folder to another drive? It says something like " Do you wish to Copy with missing files? " Thanks 49175