Windows 10: Copying CD's

Discus and support Copying CD's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Do I need Windows Media Player to copy my CD's to my PC? I got rid of it because, even though I had iTunes set as the default, WMP kept popping up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SAKP748, Mar 6, 2019.

1. SAKP748 Win User

Copying CD's

Do I need Windows Media Player to copy my CD's to my PC? I got rid of it because, even though I had iTunes set as the default, WMP kept popping up to take over. Now when I download music in iTunes, I am not able to open the albums in my music folder, only in iTunes.

:)

SAKP748, Mar 6, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    making copies of CD in windows 10

Hi Ahamed,

When you copy music, pictures, and videos from your PC to a blank CD or DVD, it's called "burning." When you copy music, pictures, and videos from a CD or DVD to your PC, it's called "ripping." You can use Windows Media Player to do both. May we know what
    type of file are you copying?

If in any case you need to make multiple copies of a CD, there are downloadable 3rd party applications that can perform such operation with ease.

To copy a CD with only one DVD drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Insert the CD you want to copy into the DVD drive.
    • Create a location folder and copy the contents of the CD to the folder.
    • Remove the CD from the DVD drive.
    • Insert the blank CD, and then burn the contents of the folder into the new CD.

For additional information, see
    Burn and rip CD's

Note: Steps provided in the above article may also apply in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Copying CD's

How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

Copying CD's

1. Copying CD's - Similar Threads - Copying CD's

2. My first blank CD-R copied its files to my other one when I switched them out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My first blank CD-R copied its files to my other one when I switched them out: My one blank CD-R when I finished burning it had somehow copied its files into my other blank cd when I removed the first one and put in the second blank one, and the second blank one at first had nothing on it, and now both are for some reason finalized....
  3. My first blank CD-R copied its files to my other one when I switched them out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My first blank CD-R copied its files to my other one when I switched them out: My one blank CD-R when I finished burning it had somehow copied its files into my other blank cd when I removed the first one and put in the second blank one, and the second blank one at first had nothing on it, and now both are for some reason finalized....
  4. How do I copy a CD onto my computer - Windows 7 - Dell XPS computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I copy a CD onto my computer - Windows 7 - Dell XPS computer?: How do I upload a music CD onto my computer. The CD is NOT a commercial CD.Patti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-a-cd-onto-my-computer-windows-7-dell/6a948b23-ab00-4533-85a2-f1fbd06e26f7
  5. How do I copy a CD onto my computer - Windows 7 - Dell XPS computer?

How do I copy a CD onto my computer - Windows 7 - Dell XPS computer?: How do I upload a music CD onto my computer. The CD is NOT a commercial CD.Patti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-copy-a-cd-onto-my-computer-windows-7-dell/6a948b23-ab00-4533-85a2-f1fbd06e26f7
  6. copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied: copying from cd to flash drive, only cda files copied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-from-cd-to-flash-drive-only-cda-copied/00a2d501-a6b5-41b4-8a1e-3eb7b188e5e9
  7. copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied

copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied: copying from cd to flash drive, only cda files copied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-from-cd-to-flash-drive-only-cda-copied/00a2d501-a6b5-41b4-8a1e-3eb7b188e5e9
  8. copying from cd to flash drive only cda copied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How do I copy a music CD to the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I copy a music CD to the hard drive: How do I copy a music cd to the hard drive using Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Media Player version 11.2310.8.0 Rip Settings only allows changing file format and bit rate. There is no menu for Tools etc....
  10. How do I copy a music CD to the hard drive

How do I copy a music CD to the hard drive: How do I copy a music cd to the hard drive using Windows Media Player on Windows 10 Media Player version 11.2310.8.0 Rip Settings only allows changing file format and bit rate. There is no menu for Tools etc....