Windows 10: Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

Discus and support Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, my previous smartphone fell and the screen got totally shattered and the screen went blank and black. Now that I got a new phone, I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DorisBitton, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

Hello there, my previous smartphone fell and the screen got totally shattered and the screen went blank and black. Now that I got a new phone, I would like to know how I can get my contacts copied on from my PC to this new phone. How do I that, I have tried but am afraid of loosing them if I transfer them, and don't know if I should use the Import or Export? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

:)

DorisBitton, Aug 7, 2019
  2. thesaint2 Win User

new contacts not useable

Thanks for your suggestions Ken. I tried them but I still cannot email new additions to my contacts list

thesaint2, Aug 7, 2019
  3. ericry Win User
    Contacts not listing in Smartphone !

Hi,

I've a HP IPAQ 514 Smartphone. It was working pretty well but its acting strange now.

In the past if I wanted to dial someone's number from the home screen I'd just start spelling out their name, first or last, and all the names that matched those would list........now it seems its deciding to not list all the name matching...example..I have
    14 people with the surname "Ryan" in my contacts.....from the home screen if I type ryan (ie press 7926) it only lists 9 of the contacts.

There are no special filters turned on......

This problem just seems to have "appeared" in the last 2 days...dont know why

It seems as if there is a disconnect between the contact app and the smartphone app.....strange !!

Any suggestions ? I'm avoiding a hard reset as I have other apps installed.

Thanks.

Eric.

ericry, Aug 7, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

1. Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone? - Similar Threads - Copying Contacts smartphone

2. Window 10 new smartphone edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 new smartphone edition?: I've hear people talking about Microsoft will make a new edition of window 10 OS for winddow 10 smartphone users. The new edition can be compatible with Android OS, therefor users can benefit downloading more Android APPs to enjoy in their window 10 smart phone. Is this...
  3. Contacts and Calendar missing from my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contacts and Calendar missing from my pc: I awoke today to find my contacts and calendar gone.I am using Windows 10 Live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-and-calendar-missing-from-my-pc/7ee76340-df8d-4a22-8367-3cf0de0b4c20"
  4. Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing my registered copy of W10 on a new PC: I have recently purchased a new PC. It comes with a copy of W10 home installed (not activated) on a 1TB HDD but I also have a 240GB SSD installed. I was wondering if it is possible to copy my retail version of W10 pro (activated by digital license) on my old pc onto the new...
  5. Copy or move Yahoo Mail Contacts from my old Microsoft 10 laptop, to my new one with the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy or move Yahoo Mail Contacts from my old Microsoft 10 laptop, to my new one with the...: I need to copy or move Yahoo Mail Contacts from my old Microsoft 10 laptop, to my new one with the same features? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/copy-or-move-yahoo-mail-contacts-from-my-old/cc848033-e45d-4df2-a514-ebf54a592861
  6. Sync contacts and calendars from Outlook on my PC to my phone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync contacts and calendars from Outlook on my PC to my phone: I am not finding the information I need in the Help topics to be able to sync my calendar from my PC to my Android phone....
  7. Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Sync other Outlook contact folders via Exchange to smartphone?: Hello all I just got done installing 2016 to my PC to which I used to have 2010 and via using the MS Exchange account this all works from with my company, when I was using 2010 I somehow was able to get other Contact folders I had created besides just the primary one to show...
  8. Copying Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Copying Contacts: I am trying to find where my Contacts are in Windows 10 to copy to my flash drive. 49235
  9. How to hide my bluetooth paired smartphone icon from "This PC"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide my bluetooth paired smartphone icon from "This PC"?: Hi, I've just paired my smartphone with my notebook, cause I wanna use the Bluetooth to transfer files between both devices. Nevertheless, there's a new icon in "This PC" of my smartphone, and I want to remove it from there. If I unpair and remove the device from my...
  10. How can i control my Smartphone with my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i control my Smartphone with my PC: *Sleepy hi, ten forum I am an part time blogger of my blog which is Techveria . I have a question that how can i control my android smartphone Xolo Q1200 with the help of my PC without WI-FI . 45682