Windows 10: Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

Discus and support Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, my previous smartphone fell and the screen got totally shattered and the screen went blank and black. Now that I got a new phone, I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DorisBitton, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

Hello there, my previous smartphone fell and the screen got totally shattered and the screen went blank and black. Now that I got a new phone, I would like to know how I can get my contacts copied on from my PC to this new phone. How do I that, I have tried but am afraid of loosing them if I transfer them, and don't know if I should use the Import or Export? HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

:)

DorisBitton, Aug 7, 2019
  2. thesaint2 Win User

new contacts not useable

Thanks for your suggestions Ken. I tried them but I still cannot email new additions to my contacts list

thesaint2, Aug 7, 2019
  3. ericry Win User
    Contacts not listing in Smartphone !

Hi,

I've a HP IPAQ 514 Smartphone. It was working pretty well but its acting strange now.

In the past if I wanted to dial someone's number from the home screen I'd just start spelling out their name, first or last, and all the names that matched those would list........now it seems its deciding to not list all the name matching...example..I have
    14 people with the surname "Ryan" in my contacts.....from the home screen if I type ryan (ie press 7926) it only lists 9 of the contacts.

There are no special filters turned on......

This problem just seems to have "appeared" in the last 2 days...dont know why

It seems as if there is a disconnect between the contact app and the smartphone app.....strange !!

Any suggestions ? I'm avoiding a hard reset as I have other apps installed.

Thanks.

Eric.

ericry, Aug 7, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone?

1. Copying Contacts from My PC to a new smartphone? - Similar Threads - Copying Contacts smartphone

2. Smartphone won't connect with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartphone won't connect with my PC: I have the problem that I can't transfer any data between my PC and smartphone, since my smartphone isn't recognised anymore. I did some digging and fixed the problem that my base drivers were missing at least it isn't showing up anymore in the device manager. Besides that I...
  3. Smartphone won't connect with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smartphone won't connect with my PC: I have the problem that I can't transfer any data between my PC and smartphone, since my smartphone isn't recognised anymore. I did some digging and fixed the problem that my base drivers were missing at least it isn't showing up anymore in the device manager. Besides that I...
  4. copy contacts from iphone to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy contacts from iphone to pc: What is the best method to transfer files from an iPhone 8 plus to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-contacts-from-iphone-to-pc/e0c1ddb3-0b29-4822-b99e-d1e6eb333133
  5. copy contacts from iphone to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy contacts from iphone to pc: What is the best method to transfer files from an iPhone 8 plus to my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-contacts-from-iphone-to-pc/e0c1ddb3-0b29-4822-b99e-d1e6eb333133
  6. New PC from Image Copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New PC from Image Copy: I made an image copy off my old hard drive. Now I want to load that image copy onto the new PC. Simple, right? Oh no, the Ghost of Gates is doing its utter best to prevent the described steps from working! Can someone actually give me steps that actually work?...
  7. Add New Contact is gone from my Contacts file in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add New Contact is gone from my Contacts file in Windows 10: I can no longer add a new contact to my contacts file in documents on Windows 10. The Add New Contact is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-new-contact-is-gone-from-my-contacts-file-in/76ad9ea8-04a0-4427-8a83-49e1dd312553
  8. Contacts and Calendar missing from my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contacts and Calendar missing from my pc: I awoke today to find my contacts and calendar gone.I am using Windows 10 Live mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-and-calendar-missing-from-my-pc/7ee76340-df8d-4a22-8367-3cf0de0b4c20"
  9. Copying Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Copying Contacts: I am trying to find where my Contacts are in Windows 10 to copy to my flash drive. 49235
  10. How to hide my bluetooth paired smartphone icon from "This PC"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to hide my bluetooth paired smartphone icon from "This PC"?: Hi, I've just paired my smartphone with my notebook, cause I wanna use the Bluetooth to transfer files between both devices. Nevertheless, there's a new icon in "This PC" of my smartphone, and I want to remove it from there. If I unpair and remove the device from my...