Windows 10: Copying DLLs from other computers

Discus and support Copying DLLs from other computers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started having problems with opening File Explorer from the taskbar and then getting Command Prompt to open with Administrator privileges. The I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickW1255, Oct 2, 2019.

1. RickW1255 Win User

Copying DLLs from other computers

I started having problems with opening File Explorer from the taskbar and then getting Command Prompt to open with Administrator privileges. The I had a problem with a print spooler DLL, CMNZPAL.DLL with Error code 0xc0000020. I got the first two problems solved, but the print problem persisted. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer, but it couldn't find the driver. There were several problems that persisted. I thought that if I could only find a clean copy of CNMCPAZ.DLL that maybe that would fix it, but you can't find those online. And I didn't want to pay for a third-party fix-it app. Finally the light bulb lit up in my mind and I remembered that I have two other computers running the same Windows in the house. So I copied it from one of them and replaced the corrupt copy and it worked. All is well now.

So why doesn't Microsoft provide DLLs online for people to download and replace bad ones?

:)

RickW1255, Oct 2, 2019

2. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, Oct 2, 2019
  3. b1rd Win User
    DLL Missing

I actually posted the link for the "list of troubleshooting steps to resolve your boost_threads.dll problems" which is located half way down the page. I did not mean to promote any downloads.

Why don't I just go back and indicate that on my original post? That way there's access to the 'step-by-step' instructions, which are accessed via those green 'plus' signs next to the topics.

If the link still needs to be removed, then let me know

Copying DLLs from other computers [​IMG]

b1rd, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

.DLL file

Hi Jerry,

Specific programs use DLL files to function properly in a Windows environment. If the DLL file gets misplaced, deleted, or corrupted, the error "____.dll is missing" appears. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide
    the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening, like installing or uninstalling a program?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you disable your Startup programs to isolate the cause of the error. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Go to the Startup tab.
    • Right-click every listed program and choose Disable.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
    • If the error disappears, enable one of the programs and restart your computer to check if the error reappears; this is to pinpoint exactly which program is causing the error. Do this for all Startup programs until you find the cause.
    • Once you've found the program that's causing the error, you can then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the troubleshooting.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Copying DLLs from other computers - Similar Threads - Copying DLLs computers

2. VCLIB dlls missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    VCLIB dlls missing: Hi,For the last 90 days, after a W10 update, it appeared 4 dlls caused an issue in the VCLibs directory. These 4 dll files preclude from opening apps iTunes as an example.I uninstalled the C++ redistributables and retrieved fresh installers, W11 update afterward. Not...
  3. DLLs not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLLs not found: While looking in autoruns I found that apparently these DLLs are missing.I looked in another thread of this, but it only said that these files are secure for my PC. I don't know if don't having these files is problematic or not. If they are, is there a solution?...
  4. From one Computer to the Other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    From one Computer to the Other: If i were to download minecraft on one window/microsoft store and it is connected to an email. and i would like to transfer so i can also play minecraft on another microsoft computer/window can i do that or do i have to pay...
  5. problem registering dlls

problem registering dlls: i replaced my original unarc/isdone.dlls without re-registering them . each time i try to register them i get this error. make sure unarc is a vaild dll or ocx file.is there any fix please?command prompt running on admin [ATTACH]...
  6. Missing DLLs

Missing DLLs: I have a new Windows 10 Pro version 1909 workstation on which I am installing an executable app from my laptop. The app is built with Visual Studio 15. The app does not start correctly, declaring error 0xc0150002 I have traced this fault, using dependency walker, to missing...
  7. Corrupted dlls

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted dlls: I currently have 3 dlls that can’t be fixed which are mscorlib.ni.dll, dcomp.dll, and xpsservices.dll. Apparently I need to replace them with good dll files but I don’t know where to find them. Can someone help. submitted by /u/Ace_Of_Nuke [link] [comments]...
  8. FFS!!! How to stop Edge from copying site favorites from one computer to the other!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FFS!!! How to stop Edge from copying site favorites from one computer to the other!!!!: Microsoft is pissing me off with windows 10 forcing multiple computers to be "integrated/connected" or whatever you want to call it. I got a desktop and laptop using the same windows account. I just got about every thing not connected to one drive, yet I get on my laptop...
  9. Cant inject DLLs

Cant inject DLLs: so im trying to inject a DLL with a DLL Injector but it doesn't work, I tried using other injector, its the same (I just reinstalled windows) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-inject-dlls/978bc54b-6b5b-4f6c-9d24-6fa8d58ac761
  10. Can't copy files to other network computers

Can't copy files to other network computers: Using Windows 10 Explorer, I can't copy a file from this main computer to any other network computer. Right now, I get an "Interrupted - 0% Complete" window that pops up and freezes. By the way, XXCopy does in fact work and clones folders from one computer to another. Now...