Windows 10: Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

Discus and support Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ?? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dw85745, Jul 21, 2020.

1. dw85745 Win User

Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

I never click on an EMAIL link.
    I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location.

-----------------
    QUESTION
    -----------------
    1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected?
    2) What is the best way to test the link without getting infected ?

Thanks
    David

:)

dw85745, Jul 21, 2020
  2. dw85745 Win User

I never click on an EMAIL link.
    I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location.

-----------------
    QUESTION
    -----------------
    1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected?
    2) What is the best way to test the link without getting infected ?

Thanks
    David

dw85745, Aug 4, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,

"unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES ALL THE WORK."

What email client were you using in 7, Live Mail, Outlook or other ? On Windows 10 Mail app, the address link will open in your preferred email client. On mine, it opens in Thunderbird. Start with Settings/Apps/Default apps to see that the base settings are correct. If so, then dig deeper by following dalchina's settings advice.
    But If you want to do this entirely on your browser, why not just read and write your yahoo! email on your web browser ? IE: Open browser, open yahoo! mail, click address or web links in message to compose, DONE. Or are you saying clicking an address link on a web page doesn't open yahoo! mail ? If that's the case, it's your browser settings.

mrgeek, Aug 4, 2020
  4. dw85745 Win User

Callender: Thanks for responding.
    Really appreciate the links.
    Why M$ doesn't have this built in is beyond me unless Defender is verifying it during email download.

dw85745, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ?? - Similar Threads - Copying EMAIL link

2. Just copy email links to clipboard!!?? Click mailto: links and copy email as default email...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just copy email links to clipboard!!?? Click mailto: links and copy email as default email...: Sometimes grabbing an email address from an app, website, etc is difficult. When clicking on the link Windows 10 will default to opening your default mail application. Is there an application (open source or otherwise) that would simply copy the email address to the...
  3. Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft is testing an Automatic HTTPS Mode in the Edge web browser: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/a_Ninja_b0y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n4rvpg/microsoft_is_testing_an_automatic_https_mode_in/
  4. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  5. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  6. email link browser selection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    email link browser selection: When I click on a link within an email message, I receive a screen asking which program to open the said link. I choose Internet Explorer and check the box to always use this program. IE is my default browser but this continues to pop up when I click on a link within any...
  7. Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Test Your Web Browser’s Cryptojacking Protection: Just found this today, A very simple way to test if your browser is vulnerable to Cryptojacking it only takes a min. Cryptojacking Test Source: How to Test Your Web Browsers Cryptojacking Protection - Make Tech Easier Testing Your Browser In response to...
  8. Email links on Web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Email links on Web pages: Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that...
  9. Win10 Outlook email link to browser

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Outlook email link to browser: Every time i open an email and then click a link to go to a website Windows 10 pops up a question of which browser i want to use for that link. I select the Always use this app option but it asks every time. I have set Chrome as my default browser but it still asks this...
  10. out of browser web links take forever to open

in Browsers and Email
    out of browser web links take forever to open: I am building a system for my cousin, Bard new system, all virgin parts and a brand new installation of Windows 10. Everything is running just fine, EXCEPT one problem! When i click on any links which are in other programs besides the web browsers they seem to take up to...