Windows 10: Copying emails.

Discus and support Copying emails. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, I've looked through most of the Tutorials but cannot find one that tells me how to copy my emails to a memory stick. I log in through... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Feathers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Feathers Win User

Copying emails.

Hi All, I've looked through most of the Tutorials but cannot find one that tells me how to copy my emails to a memory stick.
    I log in through hotmail.com and get redirected to outlook.live.com. I have tried dragging individual messages to the memory stick but no luck. If I right click an individual message there is no option in the drop down menu to copy. Can anyone please help? (I'm talking about Outlook.com as opposed to Outlook.)

:)

Feathers, Nov 2, 2017

2. copying text from emails

All of a sudden, it seems, I am not able to copy text from my emails -- or rather I can copy but I can't paste anywhere. In fact I have just discovered I can't copy and paste anything that's on the internet right now. The copy and paste function still seems
    to work fine in all other offline areas, just not anything online. Appreciate any suggestions why this is so.

Andi St Clare, Nov 2, 2017
  3. copying text from emails

Thank you for providing us the necessary information, Andi. We're glad that you're not experiencing the issue anymore. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Copying emails.

Hi Feathers.

I do not know of such functionality in Outlook.com

You may have to use an intermediary program like Thunderbird to achieve. This link and the links contained within (Webmail) should provide you a solution.

If I might ask, why you are doing this. If it is to move services some import mail. If it is to have an archive copy of really important stuff you could print specific emails as PDF's.

There are also programs to perform. I did NOT use this one. Providing as an example.

https://medium.com/@sandradiaz016/hotmail-outlook-backup-52fe3a4c9cfd

Other members may have better ideas.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Feathers Win User
    Thank you for your very kind reply, Ken. I have found one, rather cumbersome, way to get over this problem. Firstly I open the email I want to copy. Then I 'select' all of it and paste it into a new Word doc which I then save in Documents. Then I can drag a copy of it from Documents onto the stick.

Feathers, Nov 2, 2017
  6. I would just print as a PDF, something like Bullzip. It lets you append docs. Nice thing about PDF, the format is readily opened on tons of devices.

With Bullzip you print which opens a "Save" box so you get to name. It will use a consistent directory as well.

Lots of PDF printers out there. Chrome has one built in so you just open mail and hit print (of course on first email you need to change to PDF printer), give it a name and save.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  7. Feathers Win User
    Once again Ken, I have to thank you for your prompt and helpful reply. You originally asked why I wish to keep copies; these are messages which contain very confidential information - I don't wish to have paper copies, I just need them on a stick so that if I'm in an area with now signals of any kind, I can still access them on the laptop.

Feathers, Nov 2, 2017
  8. Copying emails.

Cool.

Now first confidential information shouldn't be in an email as it flows from provider to provider in clear text. Of course there is also the hacking risk. I used two factor authentication on my Outlook.com account so even if you guess password without code you can't get in.

I also use a Password Vault and I have entries in the vault that aren't really related to accounts. Things like passport, driver license, medical info, etc. The password for these items is "None" just to make software happy. The nice thing about the password vault, very mobile but highly encrypted.

Good luck and password protect those word files in case you lose that key.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Copying emails.

1. Copying emails. - Similar Threads - Copying emails

2. HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?: HOW DO I COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-copy-a-check-and-email-it-to-my-accountant/befb1061-31ae-4a67-8a4a-1f06ca843216
  3. HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT?: HOW DO I COPY A CHECK AND EMAIL IT TO MY ACCOUNTANT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-copy-a-check-and-email-it-to-my-accountant/befb1061-31ae-4a67-8a4a-1f06ca843216
  4. does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?: what does this email means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-email-means-that-my-copy-of-windows-is/e19f2506-6deb-4c98-87d6-4500aba01206
  5. does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?: what does this email means ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-this-email-means-that-my-copy-of-windows-is/e19f2506-6deb-4c98-87d6-4500aba01206
  6. does this email means that my copy of windows is genuine ?

7. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  8. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  9. I was trying to copy some pictures to email and it said copied to clipboard! Where is the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I was trying to copy some pictures to email and it said copied to clipboard! Where is the...: I was trying to copy some pictures to email and it said copied to clipboard! Where is the Clipboard because I cant find it..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-copy-some-pictures-to-email-and-it/b652ac92-a91b-4a97-b637-f6d51fa4cfe5
  10. I was trying to copy some pictures to email and it said copied to clipboard! Where is the...

I was trying to copy some pictures to email and it said copied to clipboard! Where is the...: I was trying to copy some pictures to email and it said copied to clipboard! Where is the Clipboard because I cant find it..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-trying-to-copy-some-pictures-to-email-and-it/b652ac92-a91b-4a97-b637-f6d51fa4cfe5