Windows 10: Copying emails.

Discus and support Copying emails. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, I've looked through most of the Tutorials but cannot find one that tells me how to copy my emails to a memory stick. I log in through... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Feathers, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Feathers Win User

Copying emails.

Hi All, I've looked through most of the Tutorials but cannot find one that tells me how to copy my emails to a memory stick.
    I log in through hotmail.com and get redirected to outlook.live.com. I have tried dragging individual messages to the memory stick but no luck. If I right click an individual message there is no option in the drop down menu to copy. Can anyone please help? (I'm talking about Outlook.com as opposed to Outlook.)

:)

Feathers, Nov 2, 2017

2. copying text from emails

All of a sudden, it seems, I am not able to copy text from my emails -- or rather I can copy but I can't paste anywhere. In fact I have just discovered I can't copy and paste anything that's on the internet right now. The copy and paste function still seems
    to work fine in all other offline areas, just not anything online. Appreciate any suggestions why this is so.

Andi St Clare, Nov 2, 2017
  3. copying text from emails

Thank you for providing us the necessary information, Andi. We're glad that you're not experiencing the issue anymore. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Copying emails.

Hi Feathers.

I do not know of such functionality in Outlook.com

You may have to use an intermediary program like Thunderbird to achieve. This link and the links contained within (Webmail) should provide you a solution.

If I might ask, why you are doing this. If it is to move services some import mail. If it is to have an archive copy of really important stuff you could print specific emails as PDF's.

There are also programs to perform. I did NOT use this one. Providing as an example.

https://medium.com/@sandradiaz016/hotmail-outlook-backup-52fe3a4c9cfd

Other members may have better ideas.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Feathers Win User
    Thank you for your very kind reply, Ken. I have found one, rather cumbersome, way to get over this problem. Firstly I open the email I want to copy. Then I 'select' all of it and paste it into a new Word doc which I then save in Documents. Then I can drag a copy of it from Documents onto the stick.

Feathers, Nov 2, 2017
  6. I would just print as a PDF, something like Bullzip. It lets you append docs. Nice thing about PDF, the format is readily opened on tons of devices.

With Bullzip you print which opens a "Save" box so you get to name. It will use a consistent directory as well.

Lots of PDF printers out there. Chrome has one built in so you just open mail and hit print (of course on first email you need to change to PDF printer), give it a name and save.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 2, 2017
  7. Feathers Win User
    Once again Ken, I have to thank you for your prompt and helpful reply. You originally asked why I wish to keep copies; these are messages which contain very confidential information - I don't wish to have paper copies, I just need them on a stick so that if I'm in an area with now signals of any kind, I can still access them on the laptop.

Feathers, Nov 2, 2017
  8. Copying emails.

Cool.

Now first confidential information shouldn't be in an email as it flows from provider to provider in clear text. Of course there is also the hacking risk. I used two factor authentication on my Outlook.com account so even if you guess password without code you can't get in.

I also use a Password Vault and I have entries in the vault that aren't really related to accounts. Things like passport, driver license, medical info, etc. The password for these items is "None" just to make software happy. The nice thing about the password vault, very mobile but highly encrypted.

Good luck and password protect those word files in case you lose that key.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Copying emails.

1. Copying emails. - Similar Threads - Copying emails

2. email scanned copy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    email scanned copy: how do I scan and then email scanned copy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scanned-copy/dcd910d3-eaff-44d1-9682-34cb96da2863
  3. Free Copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 edition Claimed on a previous email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 edition Claimed on a previous email.: I bought Minecraft Java Edition in 2013, which means I'm eligible for the free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I claimed this in 2016, but since then I have changed Microsoft accounts. I'm still using the same the same Mojang account and it still says it is claimed. Is...
  4. Copy and past shows on the screen but doesn't email correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and past shows on the screen but doesn't email correctly: When I do payroll. I highlight, Copy and paste onto an email. It's like from an excel sheet with a grid of about 6 boxes. Then I total up the accounts and email it in. Last week the grid was their but everything I typed out was not as well as some of the info in the grid....
  5. Copy Emails from Gmail to a disk drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copy Emails from Gmail to a disk drive: My gmail has been hacked (again!). I want to take my saved emails, transfer them to a jump drive and delete the gmail account. I am unable to do so. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I feel so stupid!...
  6. Had to rebuy a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro, email didn't come with product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Had to rebuy a digital copy of Windows 10 Pro, email didn't come with product key.: Title says it all, I had bought Windows 10 Pro a few months back and had a major hardware change which prompted me to buy another copy. I was expecting the confirmation email to have my product key but nope, nothing. I am very ticked off due to the fact that I basically spent...
  7. How to copy saved bookmark pages/folder from one computer to an email?

in Browsers and Email
    How to copy saved bookmark pages/folder from one computer to an email?: Hey all got a question. I use my chromebook to web browse and have lot of windows opened etc. I would bookmark the pages but when i do this, i usually click on bookmark open pages and it saves all the pages on that current google chrome webpage into one folder. The thing is i...
  8. CANT I JUST COPY AND PASTE A LETTER AND SEND TO EMAIL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CANT I JUST COPY AND PASTE A LETTER AND SEND TO EMAIL: IF I MAKE VA LETTER WITH NOTEPAD, AM I ABLE TO COPY THAT AND PASTE IN AN EMAIL. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-i-just-copy-and-paste-a-letter-and-send-to/e6d06bdf-d6e3-4ae2-af4a-3af439e21594"
  9. How do I tell the server not to save email copies?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I tell the server not to save email copies?: My business email mailbox gets filled up and I can't receive new emails. My website host just cleared 50 MB out for me and says I need to change the mailbox settings so that the server doesn't save a copy. I can find no place in the settings dialog box that addresses...
  10. Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sends out multiple copies of an email w/attachment: All of a sudden after an update MS Outlook 2010 has started sending out multiple copies of an email when there is an attachment. So I send an email with one or more attachments and MS Outlook sends between three and eight emails to the recipient. I have talked with MS Support...