Windows 10: Copying entire drive.

Discus and support Copying entire drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to move my entire drive including windows 10 operating system to a new larger disk I installed,how to?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RichardRuiter, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Copying entire drive.

I want to move my entire drive including windows 10 operating system to a new larger disk I installed,how to?

:)

RichardRuiter, Aug 30, 2020
  2. metalslaw Win User

Copy entire drive?

Fbackup is a great program for doing file backups. Just select the entire drive, use the mirror option, and it will just copy everything.

metalslaw, Aug 30, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Copy entire drive?

I need to copy the contents of an entire drive over to another one. Cloning applications aren't working for me because the source drive is larger than the destination drive (the amount of data actually present will fit on the destination drive no problem, however).

I've tried xcopy and robocopy, but xcopy fails evidently because some file names are too long, and robocopy fails because it can't copy some protected system files.

4. Copying entire drive.

Copy entire drive?

Nortons Ghost always worked for me - as long as drive is not in bad shape (it will ask to skip bad sector )
    Just select Drive to Drive -you wont have to worry about your partition being too big it will copy data and make partition on new drive same size as the data
    You will need to mark the drive as an active boot drive after though - in Disk management ( if a bootable drive)

Another gem is Acronis products

If the drive is in too bad shape , would copy files over with killcopy and ask to skip files on error or manually skip on error

Active@ boot- have some great tool which should work fine

SnakeDoctor, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Copying entire drive.

1. Copying entire drive. - Similar Threads - Copying entire drive

2. Copying entire C drive running W10 over to a new C drive with no OS on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying entire C drive running W10 over to a new C drive with no OS on it: HiI hope this idea is correct....!I wanted to upgrade my W10 to W11 but my 7 year old desktop is too old to run it. I have ordered a newer, more modern desktop WITHOUT an OS on the C drive.My idea is to copy the entire W10 C drive over to the new one using Acronis and when...
  3. Copying entire C drive running W10 over to a new C drive with no OS on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying entire C drive running W10 over to a new C drive with no OS on it: HiI hope this idea is correct....!I wanted to upgrade my W10 to W11 but my 7 year old desktop is too old to run it. I have ordered a newer, more modern desktop WITHOUT an OS on the C drive.My idea is to copy the entire W10 C drive over to the new one using Acronis and when...
  4. Copying entire C drive running W10 over to a new C drive with no OS on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Entire PC Operating System Copy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entire PC Operating System Copy: Hi Everyone, I want to start a discussion on the topic of Backing up or Saving a PC Personal Computer I would like to think I'm above average when it comes to knowledge of how to copy, paste, clone, backup, things of that nature with windows or assisted by another...
  6. Moving entire drive contents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving entire drive contents: I have two 1TB drives on my rig and just got a 4TB drive. im trying to find the easiest way / way with the least hassle, to move all of the contents of each of the 1TB drives into the new 4TB drive. all of my google(ing) lead me to cloning drives, or replacing boot drives,...
  7. Entire E drive erased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entire E drive erased: After a restart following a small and regular windows update, my entire e drive got erased. i am not able to locate my files anywhere. how do i retrieve my files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entire-e-drive-erased/297307ad-ab9f-4b52-bde1-12adc16ceb9e
  8. Copy entire USB to hard drive on laptop

Copy entire USB to hard drive on laptop: I have a USB "thumb" drive or whatever it is called and I would like to copy the entire content to my hard drive. The electronics pulled out of the plastic body and I don't want to lose the files so I would like to copy to hard drive and then back the files up at a later...
  9. Share entire drive in 1803?

Share entire drive in 1803?: I've read a lot of threads and articles on the weird new sharing principles in Win 10 v.1803. I've managed to be able to share individual folders successfully, but I'm still stuck when it comes to sharing the entire drive. When I try to do so via the only available option...
  10. Network copying slows down entire system

Network copying slows down entire system: Been trying to copy 50gb from my synology to a USB hd disk. This causes the entire system to not respond well.. If I hit the pause button on the copy window everything works again perfectly. So I tested to a local Hard Drive.. Same copy movement. No issues then. So the...