Windows 10: Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

Discus and support Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by willythecat, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909)
    (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!).
    I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge.
    By the way, l can still access my Firefox and IE icons so whatever happens, or not, l can still get onto the internet.
    So, cannot import FF favorites into MS Edge. It only gives me the options of either IE explorer or an html file.
    Go into IE and it only gives me the option of the Safari browser to import.
    How do l get all of my FF favorites into MS Edge?
    It's getting a bit confusing.
    Just to let you know, l am a complete beginner in all of this so make the answer easy to follow if at all possible.
    Thanks and regards.

:)

willythecat, Feb 9, 2020
  2. jaswalt Win User

Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my favorites but every time I complete the steps, it takes my favorites and puts them in my favorites bar. I have a whole list of pages on my favorites bar in Firefox that I want to use for my favorites bar on edge. Why is the program turning my favorites from Firefox into my favorites BAR on edge? How do I transfer my favorites from Firefox into favorites on Edge and my favorites BAR in Firefox into my favorites BAR in edge? Thank you in advance for your help.

jaswalt, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    MS Edge and moving favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

There is no option to Move, you can add the site to favorites bar

• Open the site, click on add to favorites or reading list
    • Select the save location as Favorites bar
    • Then you will be able to see the sites in favorites bar

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Eric_999 Win User

Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

1. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge - Similar Threads - Copying favorites Firefox

2. Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another: How do I copy Edge favorites from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-copy-edge-favorites-from-one-computer-to/b1026d87-8747-43f2-896c-dc4082bc8a42
  3. Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Are all my Favorites from MS Edge?: Are all my Favorites from MS Edge saved in a cloud? I'm opening up my User folder and Favorites and my favorites are not listed. 25704
  4. Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites from Firefox to Favorites BAR in Edge: I recently upgraded to Win 10 64 and have decided that I am going to use Edge as my default browser. I have followed the directions on 2 websites now that tell how to transfer favorites from Firefox to Edge and seem to have hit a little snag. I am trying to transfer my...
  5. Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't import favorites from firefox to edge.: That about say's it all. Here is a screenshot: [img] Henry 73197
  6. How to import Firefox favorites into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to import Firefox favorites into Edge: I'd like to try Edge, but Edge won't even see Firefox as one of my installed browsers even though it is my default browser. I'm not going to use a browser that requires me to enter hundreds of sites one at a time. Any suggestions on a way to import FF favorites since it won't...
  7. Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms Edge viewing favorites folders.: Here is what I am wondering, in google you can click on a favorites folder and see list of links, then you can slide your mouse over other folders, and see your links. But in Ms Edge you can't do that, you have to click on the page to close folder, then click on another...
  8. MS Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Favorites: With the Internet Explorer I have my favorites organized into folders. When I import them into the Edge and look at the favorites I see a whole bunch of folders with 0 items in them and I don't know why. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? 30187
  9. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks...