Windows 10: copying favorites

Discus and support copying favorites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I copy the files that are in my favorites to add to another computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sp1504, Feb 14, 2019.

1. sp1504 Win User

copying favorites

how do I copy the files that are in my favorites to add to another computer?

:)

sp1504, Feb 14, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 14, 2019
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

copying favorites

MS Edge and moving favorites

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

There is no option to Move, you can add the site to favorites bar

• Open the site, click on add to favorites or reading list
    • Select the save location as Favorites bar
    • Then you will be able to see the sites in favorites bar

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

copying favorites

1. copying favorites - Similar Threads - copying favorites

2. How so I choose my favorite folders for "Copy to" and "Copy items"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How so I choose my favorite folders for "Copy to" and "Copy items"?: Would like to choose which folders are displayed in the menu. Anyone knows how this can be done? Check attachments for the menu I'm referring to. 178981
  3. Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Copying favorites from Firefox to MS Edge: Have just this last week upgraded/updated to W10 from the MS site itself. (Version 1909) (yep, the free offer from them is still there, you just got to know how to download it!). I'm messing around at the moment with this "new" Microsoft Edge. By the way, l can still access...
  4. FFS!!! How to stop Edge from copying site favorites from one computer to the other!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FFS!!! How to stop Edge from copying site favorites from one computer to the other!!!!: Microsoft is pissing me off with windows 10 forcing multiple computers to be "integrated/connected" or whatever you want to call it. I got a desktop and laptop using the same windows account. I just got about every thing not connected to one drive, yet I get on my laptop...
  5. Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive

in Browsers and Email
    Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive: Had a thread I started in the Performance & Maintenance sub-forum about a REALLY slow Toshiba laptop. I eventually put in a new drive and re-installed W10. Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.418. I put the old, slightly damaged drive in a caddy and was easily able to copy...
  6. How to copy my Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    How to copy my Favorites: How to copy my Favorites from Microsoft Edge? I transported my favorites from Internet Exporter to Favorites in Microsoft Edge so I want to copy them so I can put them into me other computer. 142013
  7. How to copy my Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy my Favorites: How to copy my Favorites from Microsoft Edge? I transported my favorites from Internet Exporter to Favorites in Microsoft Edge so I want to copy them so I can put them into me other computer. 142013
  8. Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut from my Favorites Folder, I get "These files might be...: Running Windows 10 home. Still at 1803 update. If I Move or Copy an Internet Shortcut or a folder of them from my Favorites Folder, I get a warning box: "These files might be harmful to your computer." I just wanted to make a copy of it to another folder. Thanks, cb...
  9. Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to copy Edge favorites from one computer to another: How do I copy Edge favorites from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-copy-edge-favorites-from-one-computer-to/b1026d87-8747-43f2-896c-dc4082bc8a42
  10. How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    How do I copy my Favorites from Win 10 Surface to Win 10 Desktop: My desktop lost boot record and I had to install fresh. I want to copy my favorites from my Surface to my desktop . How do I do that. Thanks 80608