Windows 10: Copying files from a dirty disk

Discus and support Copying files from a dirty disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows wants to run a fix for one of my disks however I'm planning on moving all these files within that "dirty" disk to a new disk, should i copy the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by VERX, Nov 5, 2020.

1. VERX Win User

Copying files from a dirty disk

Windows wants to run a fix for one of my disks however I'm planning on moving all these files within that "dirty" disk to a new disk, should i copy the files to the new disk before or after i run the disk fix?

:)

VERX, Nov 5, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Copying files from a dirty disk

Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Copying files from a dirty disk

1. Copying files from a dirty disk - Similar Threads - Copying files dirty

2. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  3. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  4. Copy a System32 file to an other disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy a System32 file to an other disk.: Hello,I have one functional WIN10 and a busted WIN10 drive.The blue screen tells me that winload.exe is damaged. So I want to copy the file from the functional drive to the damaged one. But I can't, it tells me I have no permission. Could I copy under the command prompt?If...
  5. Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows

Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows: This is a WOW! WTF? -I just move my files from my 1PC with all my personal staff from Disk "O:/" to my 2PC D:/!Stuff/ that I have just Install a clean Windows 10 Pro version ... The disk to the 2PC was the "C:/" but I have put it out and plug it to my 1PC as disk D:/ via...
  6. error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop

error while copying file from external hard disk to laptop: I tried to copy files from my external hard disk to my laptop but an error message came saying "cant read from souce file or disk". Any solutons?...
  7. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...
  8. Marking disk a dirty.

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking disk a dirty.: I know that you can use Fsutil to mark a volume as dirty. This in turn has the autochk run on the selected volume. But I was wondering if there was a way to mark the whole drive for chkdsk during the next reboot. Oh, this has to be done via cmd and one line commands. We use a...
  9. dirty shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    dirty shutdown: random shuts down more and more. I see many many people share this problem. What is the latest solution? 34164
  10. copy from windows 7 disks

in Windows 10 Support
    copy from windows 7 disks: Happy New Year to one and all. Let's talk about this garbage O/S. Attempted to install my photos from a disk created on Windows 7. At 43% completed it freezes and will not install any further, and where have all my sites stored in Favorites gone? 101374