Windows 10: copying files from drive a: to drive b:

Discus and support copying files from drive a: to drive b: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShariffBacchus, Jan 17, 2022.

1. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much

:)

ShariffBacchus, Jan 17, 2022

2. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Hi Dennypic747,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the exact name of the app that you are using?
    2. Is that a Microsoft Store app or a Desktop app?
    3. How did you download the music files and where have you saved those files?

Please follow these steps to copy the music files from the computer to the USB flash drive:

Step 1: Insert the USB drive into the USB port on your computer. Try to use a port directly on your computer. Windows will usually notify you that a USB drive was inserted, and an AutoPlay window may appear. You can close
    the AutoPlay window for now.

Step 2: Open File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E together.

Step 3: Click This PC and Find your USB drive. Your USB drive will be displayed in the "Devices and drives" section of the window.

Step 4: Note the drive letter for the USB drive. Knowing the drive letter will make it easier to send files to the drive later.

Step 5: Find the music files that you want to copy to the USB drive. Your music files may be located in a variety of locations on your computer:

Step 6: Select all of the files and folders that you want to copy. You can also press Ctrl+A to select everything in the current folder.

You may find it easier to move all of your music files into one spot on your computer, organized into folders. You can then copy all of the folders and files at once.

Step 7: Wait for the files to copy. Your selected files will begin copying to your USB drive.

Step 8: Once the copy is done, click the "Safely Remove Hardware" button in your System Tray. This will unmount the drive from your system, allowing you to safely remove it without corrupting any data.

Pull the USB drive out of the computer. Your music is now safely stored on your USB drive.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 17, 2022
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

copying files from drive a: to drive b:

Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

copying files from drive a: to drive b:

1. copying files from drive a: to drive b: - Similar Threads - copying files drive

2. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  3. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  4. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  5. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  6. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  7. Drive letters A: & B:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive letters A: & B:: Is there any caveat in assigning drive letter "A:" or "B:" to a DVD drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-letters-a-b/0020038d-d43a-443a-b02d-d6a481383d8b
  8. Opening drive A and B.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening drive A and B.: I need more storage space to Update Windows. How do I open Driver space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-drive-a-and-b/8a201534-2cad-4ec4-b4fe-4ddd295b2680
  9. Cannot copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot copy files from external drive: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...
  10. GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B

GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B: Hi there while this is easy in Linux : (rsync -a -v --ingnore -existing /dir/a/ /dir/b) you need the '/' after first directory) some people prefer a GUI There's now a front end GUI for this (works on Windows too) called Grsync [img] Grsync And GAdmin-Rsync: The...