Windows 10: Copying files from within OneDrive directory without access to Windows

Discus and support Copying files from within OneDrive directory without access to Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have a hard drive from an old pc that i no longer have. Previously on said hard drive i had a folder structure that was synced with OneDrive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeastBaller, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Copying files from within OneDrive directory without access to Windows

Hello, i have a hard drive from an old pc that i no longer have. Previously on said hard drive i had a folder structure that was synced with OneDrive. I now no longer have access to Windows with that hard drive. I have tried to robocopy data from inside the OneDrive directory with WinPE but when i navigate to my OneDrive folder within WinPE, the entire directory shows up empty. I cannot see any of my folders within my OneDrive folder and am not able to copy any data from there. You might suggest logging into OneDrive over the internet and grabbing the files that way but i previously had sync errors so not all of the data was moved into the cloud. Please offer support on what can be done here to get my files off of that hard drive. I had all of my files stored locally while also synced to the cloud so those files are definitely in there but i have no way of seeing them.

:)

BeastBaller, Feb 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

On drive E: on a Windows Server, I have directory "test". And then maybe 4 more directories down I have directory "fred". My script runs in a different tree under test. It points a to the fred directory which contains files, and sub directories with files. The script looks for files with a certain extension, makes a backup of them, then edits the original files. Now this works for all of the files directly in the "fred" directory. But the files in any of the sub directories of fred, give an issue with copying the file. As a test, I copied fred and all its contents to E:\. I adjusted the script to look at E:\Fred, and everything worked fine. The originals were copied, and edited as expected.

I compared permissions between E:\Fred and E:\test\..\..\..\fred. they're basically the same. They both have a checkmark in read only(which only resets itself after i uncheck it). The only minor difference was that E:\test\..\..\..\fred didnt have a couple of special permissions for the Users group. This involved, modify, dir traversal, read and execute. I gave those permissions but still no luck.

Hybrid_theory, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Copying files from within OneDrive directory without access to Windows

Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

Haha yeah its fred. sorry its 8am and my mind isnt fully functional yet. There is an error along side the one my script posts: No such file or directory at script line 20.(which is the copy line). I pointed the script to one of the sub directories exactly, still wouldnt copy. I created a new sub dir, and copied some of the files from the main directory into the new directory, those wouldnt copy either.

script:
    Code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use File::Find; use File::Copy; my $directory="..\\..\\doc\\xsd"; find (\&subr, $directory); sub subr { foreach ($File::Find::name=~/(.*)\.xsd$/) { my $filetobecopied = $File::Find::name; my $newfile = $1 . ".origxsd"; copy($filetobecopied, $newfile) or die "$File::Find::name cannot be copied $!"; chmod 0777, $File::Find::name; open (FILE, "<", $File::Find::name) or die "Cannot open file $!"; print $File::Find::name. "\n"; local $/; my $file=<FILE>; $f=~s/<!--[\w\W^]*?-->//gi; close FILE; open (OUT, ">", $File::Find::name) or die "Cannot write to file $!"; print OUT $f; close OUT; chmod 0444, $File::Find::name; } }[/quote] thanks kreij

Hybrid_theory, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Copying files from within OneDrive directory without access to Windows

1. Copying files from within OneDrive directory without access to Windows - Similar Threads - Copying files within

2. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  3. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  4. Windows and/or OneDrive renamed all files in a directory as a "-copy"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and/or OneDrive renamed all files in a directory as a "-copy": I got a notification from my Plex remote server today that the music files I wanted to play were missing. Naturally I freaked out and when I got home checked to see if there was a drive failure or something. However, Windows has seemingly renamed every file in my music folder...
  5. Windows and/or OneDrive renamed all files in a directory as a "-copy"

Windows and/or OneDrive renamed all files in a directory as a "-copy": I got a notification from my Plex remote server today that the music files I wanted to play were missing. Naturally I freaked out and when I got home checked to see if there was a drive failure or something. However, Windows has seemingly renamed every file in my music folder...
  6. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  7. Copying files from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from OneDrive: When I try and copy 100 MB of files from OneDrive to another drive, if the destination drive does not have 200 MB of space twice the size of the files to be copied, Windows will tell me there is not enough room to copy the files.After the files are copied, they only take up...
  8. Copying files from OneDrive

9. Access Google Drive from Windows without copying Google files to PC

Access Google Drive from Windows without copying Google files to PC: I have a second portable laptop that is VERY limited in storage: Lenovo Ideapad 100, 32G SSD, no HD. Windows 10 ver 1909. I do not have space to sync my laptop to Google Drive and have it make that huge file structure that is a copy of the Google drive. I have that on the PC...
  10. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winPE onedrive