Windows 10: Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Discus and support Copying files into WindowsApps directory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gaunt99, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Gaunt99 Win User

Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Hello,

I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right permission. I have tried to delete some files from this folder, but I cannot restore it from bin. What should I do to have full permission for this folder? Someone asked this question before, but you haven't answered it correctly. Is there solution for this problem?

Thank you.

:)

Gaunt99, Jul 6, 2019

2. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

Haha yeah its fred. sorry its 8am and my mind isnt fully functional yet. There is an error along side the one my script posts: No such file or directory at script line 20.(which is the copy line). I pointed the script to one of the sub directories exactly, still wouldnt copy. I created a new sub dir, and copied some of the files from the main directory into the new directory, those wouldnt copy either.

script:
    Code: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; use File::Find; use File::Copy; my $directory="..\\..\\doc\\xsd"; find (\&subr, $directory); sub subr { foreach ($File::Find::name=~/(.*)\.xsd$/) { my $filetobecopied = $File::Find::name; my $newfile = $1 . ".origxsd"; copy($filetobecopied, $newfile) or die "$File::Find::name cannot be copied $!"; chmod 0777, $File::Find::name; open (FILE, "<", $File::Find::name) or die "Cannot open file $!"; print $File::Find::name. "\n"; local $/; my $file=<FILE>; $f=~s/<!--[\w\W^]*?-->//gi; close FILE; open (OUT, ">", $File::Find::name) or die "Cannot write to file $!"; print OUT $f; close OUT; chmod 0444, $File::Find::name; } }[/quote] thanks kreij

Hybrid_theory, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

On drive E: on a Windows Server, I have directory "test". And then maybe 4 more directories down I have directory "fred". My script runs in a different tree under test. It points a to the fred directory which contains files, and sub directories with files. The script looks for files with a certain extension, makes a backup of them, then edits the original files. Now this works for all of the files directly in the "fred" directory. But the files in any of the sub directories of fred, give an issue with copying the file. As a test, I copied fred and all its contents to E:\. I adjusted the script to look at E:\Fred, and everything worked fine. The originals were copied, and edited as expected.

I compared permissions between E:\Fred and E:\test\..\..\..\fred. they're basically the same. They both have a checkmark in read only(which only resets itself after i uncheck it). The only minor difference was that E:\test\..\..\..\fred didnt have a couple of special permissions for the Users group. This involved, modify, dir traversal, read and execute. I gave those permissions but still no luck.

4. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

Script can copy file directory in one spot but not the other

It's having trouble copying any of the files in the sub directories of frank. All the files directly under frank are properly backed up and the originals are properly edited.

The script runs using a foreach, looking for any file that ends with a specific extension, in the directory specified. It uses File::find to locate each file. The script first copies the file and adds "orig" to the extension name, for example the file is .origpy instead of .py. The original file is changed from read only to full write permissions. Then it is opened for reading, all is read into memory except the comments. The file is closed. The file is opened for writing. Everything from the file in memory is written to file. The file is closed, and changed back to read only.

This works great in Linux. I tried it in XP, its fine as well. just something about the directory structure on this server that wont let it work for the sub directories in frank.

Thema:

Copying files into WindowsApps directory

1. Copying files into WindowsApps directory - Similar Threads - Copying files WindowsApps

2. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  3. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files into WindowsApps directory: Hello, I want to copy some files into game directory in WindowsApps, but firstly I have access denied, so I have changed permission for every user. Now I have got access to that directory, but I cannot copy any files into it. Everytime it says that I don't have right...
  4. Copying files into WindowsApps directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WindowsApps directory access denied?: I found what I thought might be a suspicious background process and wanted to investigate it. Install directory was C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsWhen attempting to can access it gave me a "Permission Denied Error". I am the administrator of this system, I was re-installed by...
  6. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps directory access denied?: I found what I thought might be a suspicious background process and wanted to investigate it. Install directory was C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsWhen attempting to can access it gave me a "Permission Denied Error". I am the administrator of this system, I was re-installed by...
  7. WindowsApps directory access denied?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to delete Windowsapp Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to delete Windowsapp Directory: I use RAID0 drive for installing programs and games. Somehow Windows store installed 2 directories of Halo collection in the Windowsapp directory, one with older version and another one for newest version. I uninstalled the game for now and was trying to delete the other...
  9. Unable to copy into 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy into 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps': I need to be able to copy some files into WindowsApps to modify items downloaded from the windows store. However, I keep getting an error as below: Destination Folder Access Denied [ATTACH] I am logged in as an administrator, I have taken ownership and 'full control'...
  10. File History Not Copying All Files and Directories

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Copying All Files and Directories: I have windows 10 version 1803, and noticed today that the directory structure set up on my external hard drive by File History is different to the directory structure it is supposed to be copying across, in that there are many sub-directories missing. Some of the missing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy windowsapps folder

2. copy files back into c:\program files\windowsapps

3. how to copy to windowsapps

4. copy file windowsapps,
  5. copy files to windowsapps