Windows 10: Copying files only around 13MB /s , is it normal or abnormal?

Discus and support Copying files only around 13MB /s , is it normal or abnormal? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; They are on the SAME physical hard drive, but different partitions, I cut and paste files from one partition to another, the speed is only around 13MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tsw88, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Tsw88 Win User

Copying files only around 13MB /s , is it normal or abnormal?

They are on the SAME physical hard drive, but different partitions, I cut and paste files from one partition to another, the speed is only around 13MB per seconds. Is it too abnormal ??

Would there be any possible problems behind?
    Anything I can do to test or check?

:)

Tsw88, Oct 1, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Copying files only around 13MB /s , is it normal or abnormal?

Delicieuxz, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Copying files only around 13MB /s , is it normal or abnormal?

1. Copying files only around 13MB /s , is it normal or abnormal? - Similar Threads - Copying files around

2. normal File Explorer copying a file rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    normal File Explorer copying a file rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s: Is it normal in File Explorer when copying a file, from my internal data HDD disk of 2TB [PC has C:/ W10pro and SSD 512GB] to a USB Stick usb3.1 [slot PC: usb3.1] the rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s // changes between such limits?If it usually will not drop to 0 MB/s //...
  3. normal File Explorer copying a file rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    normal File Explorer copying a file rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s: Is it normal in File Explorer when copying a file, from my internal data HDD disk of 2TB [PC has C:/ W10pro and SSD 512GB] to a USB Stick usb3.1 [slot PC: usb3.1] the rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s // changes between such limits?If it usually will not drop to 0 MB/s //...
  4. normal File Explorer copying a file rate transmission is 78MB/s - 0MB/s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Robocopy - copy changed files only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Robocopy - copy changed files only: Hi, I have restored not recovered a PC from a Windows 7 backup taken 28th June. I have a Robocopy of the PC taken 30th June. I would like to now copy to the PC any files which changed after I took the Windows 7 backup on the 28th. I specifically do not want to copy any files...
  6. Robocopy - copy changed files only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy - copy changed files only: Hi, I have restored not recovered a PC from a Windows 7 backup taken 28th June. I have a Robocopy of the PC taken 30th June. I would like to now copy to the PC any files which changed after I took the Windows 7 backup on the 28th. I specifically do not want to copy any files...
  7. Robocopy - copy changed files only

8. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  9. robocopy only copies a couple of files

robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  10. File history deleting only copies

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File history deleting only copies: Hello! I'm using file history to back up my files, I have it set to back up every hour and keep for 3 months, but I was looking though the files and it turns out it deleted the only copies of files that haven’t been edited because it was older then 3 months, so now a bunch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy and paste abnormal termination