Windows 10: Copying files stop

Discus and support Copying files stop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to copy my laptop files to a USB hard drive, intermittently it will just stop copying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SatyoFatwan, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:22 AM.

1. Copying files stop

When trying to copy my laptop files to a USB hard drive, intermittently it will just stop copying.

:)

2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

4. Copying files stop

Thema:

Copying files stop

1. Copying files stop - Similar Threads - Copying files stop

2. Why does Windows stop copying files just because of one file it cannot copy?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does Windows stop copying files just because of one file it cannot copy?: Let's suppose I need to copy many files from one location to another. Let's suppose it's 2 TB or more. I start the operation and since it's obviously a lengthy one very, very lengthy I let it go and go away from the computer for a time. When I return in 10 hours I suddenly...
  3. Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive

Keep local copy of files, but stop syncing folder with OneDrive: When I try to unlink a particular folder from OneDrive, it warns me that it will delete all local copies. This is the opposite behavior that I want. I actually want the local copy and do not want that folder stored on OneDrive. Use Case: The 244 GB .tar file that I am...
  4. copy files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    copy files: can I copy data files from my old comp windows 7 to my new comp windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files/42089d5f-f628-498b-91f6-d46ce73ccc02
  5. Copy and paste stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  6. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  7. Copying Files

Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  8. Copying Files

Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  9. How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop admin authorization request to copy or paste a file?: Every time I want to copy or paste a file to another directory Windows asked me to click on an admin permissions button for it to happen. This is extremely annoying and totally unnecessary. Does anyone know how to prevent that please? Also, when I try to create a new...
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198