Windows 10: Copying files stop

Discus and support Copying files stop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When trying to copy my laptop files to a USB hard drive, intermittently it will just stop copying.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SatyoFatwan, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Copying files stop

When trying to copy my laptop files to a USB hard drive, intermittently it will just stop copying.

:)

SatyoFatwan, Sep 16, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Copying files stop

Delicieuxz, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Copying files stop

1. Copying files stop - Similar Threads - Copying files stop

2. Windows stops copying files; File Transfer gets stuck halfway

in Windows 10 News
    Windows stops copying files; File Transfer gets stuck halfway: [ATTACH]We regularly copy files from one drive to the other drive, or folder to folder. The estimated time to copy the files changes according to the file size, drive, and your PC capabilities. There are even some third-party software programs available to make file copying...
  3. Copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files.: Hey! I'm trying to copy files from my iCloud to an external hard drive but it says it needs additional storage on the C drive? I'm copying to the external drive E: not the C: drive. Please help. I downloaded all the pictures on my phone to my pc via iCloud. The external hard...
  4. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying Files: Hi, I started copying a single file from drive 1 to drive 2, it was copying at 200MB/s give or take. Then I started copying another file from Drive 1 to drive 3, and both are copying at 40MB/s. Why does copying 2 files cut the total traffic by 60% ? I can understand both...
  5. Copying files

Copying files: Good Day, When copying multiple files usually I do it in ctrl+A, and transferring it to another, is there an option where I can only paste new files and not the same files that are already there without transferring the new ones one by one? e.g. I Copied all1500 folders...
  6. Why does Windows stop copying files just because of one file it cannot copy?

Why does Windows stop copying files just because of one file it cannot copy?: Let's suppose I need to copy many files from one location to another. Let's suppose it's 2 TB or more. I start the operation and since it's obviously a lengthy one very, very lengthy I let it go and go away from the computer for a time. When I return in 10 hours I suddenly...
  7. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  8. Copying Files

Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  9. Copying Files

Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198