Windows 10: Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Discus and support Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, *Shock Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, Apr 30, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Hi, *Shock

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to work with W10.

The W10 copying function works but info presented is cattiwampus. For example I origionally copied 12,999 files & in 1999 folders. But when I copied them to a 2TB USB HD then copied them to W10, the number of files tribbled increased to 207,164files/folders16,805. I used WE > properties in all cases.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Seems strange if W10 is off the mark Win set 30 yr ago. Just think of the Kaos/Money if each city, town, etc used/changed the traffic lite std of Red, Yellow, Green to any color combo they wanted.

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, Apr 30, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Delicieuxz, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

1. Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles - Similar Threads - Copying files Trouble

2. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file: I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS...
  3. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file: I created a BAT file to copy data files from my NAS to my Program Files x86 folder using XCOPY.xcopy /Y "\\PIECESOF8\ruggb\Automobile Tracker 6.5\*.fil" "C:\Program Files x86\Auto\Automobile Tracker 6.5\"When I run it, at least one file in the mix *.fil produces an ACCESS...
  4. trouble copying from NAS to system with BAT file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent trouble moving and copying.

Recent trouble moving and copying.: As of a couple of weeks ago, I have been having trouble with files opening when I am trying to move or copy them. It doesn't happen every time, but keeps getting worse. I am using Windows 10 and I do have single click engaged, but this has not been a problem in the past. It...
  6. Trouble Copying Boot Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble Copying Boot Files: @topgundcp I have the following situation: I am taking the HD out of an older laptop running Win10 version 21H1 and wish to clone it to a newer HD to put into a newer Laptop. I have successfully cloned the drive using AOMEI Backupper but the drive fails to be recognized in...
  7. having trouble copying files between external USB drives

having trouble copying files between external USB drives: I am trying to copy some folders from a 4TB USB external drive to a 8TB USB external drive both are connected to a USB 3 hub. For a while the copying seems to go well and then all of a sudden the speed drops to 0MB/s and don't get any errors or any indication why the copying...
  8. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  9. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text: The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight an entire word or phrase or sentence. After many attempts, if I do manage to highlight the word or text I want, it often won't...
  10. trouble with copy and paste

in Windows 10 Support
    trouble with copy and paste: Hi all, I have copied a calendar jpg using the snipping tool and have previously used edit - draw board and inserted an ellipse or circle to signify special dates. Today it won't work. C&P works everywhere else but no more on that jpg nor any other jpg's on my comp. I can...