Windows 10: Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Discus and support Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, *Shock Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, Apr 30, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Hi, *Shock

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles. I've been using Terracopy to copy/move files for yrs with no problems; however it doesn't seem to work with W10.

The W10 copying function works but info presented is cattiwampus. For example I origionally copied 12,999 files & in 1999 folders. But when I copied them to a 2TB USB HD then copied them to W10, the number of files tribbled increased to 207,164files/folders16,805. I used WE > properties in all cases.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Seems strange if W10 is off the mark Win set 30 yr ago. Just think of the Kaos/Money if each city, town, etc used/changed the traffic lite std of Red, Yellow, Green to any color combo they wanted.

Regards,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, Apr 30, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

Delicieuxz, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles

1. Copying files = Trouble with Tribbles - Similar Threads - Copying files Trouble

2. Copying files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files in File Explorer: Copying files in File Explorer is not working as expected. When I am trying to copy several files, it closes down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-in-file-explorer/05006916-943f-467b-ab5d-6043e51ce79d
  3. copy files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    copy files: can I copy data files from my old comp windows 7 to my new comp windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files/42089d5f-f628-498b-91f6-d46ce73ccc02
  4. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  5. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text: The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight an entire word or phrase or sentence. After many attempts, if I do manage to highlight the word or text I want, it often won't...
  6. Copying Files

Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  7. trouble with copy and paste

in Windows 10 Support
    trouble with copy and paste: Hi all, I have copied a calendar jpg using the snipping tool and have previously used edit - draw board and inserted an ellipse or circle to signify special dates. Today it won't work. C&P works everywhere else but no more on that jpg nor any other jpg's on my comp. I can...
  8. Copying Files

Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  9. Homegroup - copying files

Homegroup - copying files: I want to copy files from the source PC to the destination PC, but I don't want to allow editing or deletion of these files from the destination PC. How do I set this up? Thanks! Tried setting the destination folder as Homegroup > View, but then it will not allow me to...
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198