Windows 10: Copying Files

Discus and support Copying Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stan Gwinn, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Copying Files

How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC.

:)

Stan Gwinn, Nov 28, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Copying Files

Delicieuxz, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Copying Files

1. Copying Files - Similar Threads - Copying Files

2. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  3. Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy folders and files from hard disk to USB stick: A few months ago, I bought a new desktop computer win11 and transferred all my user files from old C: win10 to new G: a HDD. Since then, it has been impossible to backup files from G: to K: a USB stick for backup using Backer 6.9 and subsequently synchronising with the...
  4. File System Corruption Issue After Copying Files Between 2 Hard Drivesboth have Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File System Corruption Issue After Copying Files Between 2 Hard Drivesboth have Windows 11...: I am using HP Pro SFF 6200 small form factor. It's a desktop with 12GB ram and i5. Very stable. Been using windows 11 for the past year. FILE SYSTEM CORRUPTION EXPLAINEDFirst, both of my disks were using GPT. I have 2 hard disks, one is in an external casing and runs well,...
  5. File System Corruption Issue After Copying Files Between 2 Hard Drivesboth have Windows 11...

File System Corruption Issue After Copying Files Between 2 Hard Drivesboth have Windows 11...: I am using HP Pro SFF 6200 small form factor. It's a desktop with 12GB ram and i5. Very stable. Been using windows 11 for the past year. FILE SYSTEM CORRUPTION EXPLAINEDFirst, both of my disks were using GPT. I have 2 hard disks, one is in an external casing and runs well,...
  6. I put my recovery flashdrive in and followed the instructions.Windows begins copying files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I put my recovery flashdrive in and followed the instructions.Windows begins copying files...: I tried to enter recovery settings and it says my repair needs repair. I didn't know that I was supposed to wipe my computer clean before attempting a fresh install. Now my computer is all messed up and I can't get a fresh install....
  7. I put my recovery flashdrive in and followed the instructions.Windows begins copying files...

I put my recovery flashdrive in and followed the instructions.Windows begins copying files...: I tried to enter recovery settings and it says my repair needs repair. I didn't know that I was supposed to wipe my computer clean before attempting a fresh install. Now my computer is all messed up and I can't get a fresh install....
  8. I put my recovery flashdrive in and followed the instructions.Windows begins copying files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  10. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent activity copying files