Windows 10: copying files

Discus and support copying files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I transfer music files to my linked phone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesKnodle, Aug 7, 2019.

1. copying files

How do I transfer music files to my linked phone?

:)

JamesKnodle, Aug 7, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 7, 2019
  4. copying files

Delicieuxz, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

copying files

1. copying files - Similar Threads - copying files

2. Explorer doesn't allow copying files with long path in Windows 10 1903 build

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer doesn't allow copying files with long path in Windows 10 1903 build: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro (build 1903). When I tried to copy files from one drive to another drive in the same SSD to Windows 10, I get the error "The file name(s) would be too long for the destination folder...". I Have followed articles provide a...
  3. Desktop file relocation results only in copy

Desktop file relocation results only in copy: After the new update for WIndows 10, I'm encountering numerous problems. One is this: On the desktop, if I want to move a file icon from one spot to another, which is done by left click/hold on icon and drag to new location, instead of moving the file, it leaves the file in...
  4. File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix

in Windows 10 Support
    File timestamp changes when copying from C: to E:-need tool to fix: I have a series of files for which I need to change both the Windows Explorer date and the internal EXIF dates. These photos were taken with a Nikon DSLR, where the camera's clock got reset due to battery backup issues. I'm looking for a tool that will allow me to change...
  5. I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder

I can't copy old Onedrive files to a new OneDrive folder: Things have gotten messed up with my Documents folder. To be careful, I copied all of the files in my old OneDrive folder to a backup folder. Then I uninstalled OneDrive, cleaned up the user shell entries in the Registry, and reinstalled OneDrive. It downloaded the files from...
  6. How do I copy a CD to another blank CD with 1 burner (Auto files and all)

How do I copy a CD to another blank CD with 1 burner (Auto files and all): I have a cd from my doctor and when I copy the files to my computer and then burn them to a new CD it doesn't copy the system files so the cd is useless. I need a mirror image copy. An exact copy. Hidden files and all. How do I copy the CD?...
  7. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file - Cannot get around this...

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file - Cannot get around this...: I've got a VM which I am copying to a new SSD. All but two files copy without a problem. The other two give the above message. These files are 12Gb and 17Gb in size. I have attempted to become owner of the files (I reset this back after it didn't work) I have turned off...
  8. Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names

Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names: I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them merging into the same folder because i have different files i want to keep seperate. For example if I have a folder on my...
  9. Windows keeps changing file ownership whenever I copy or create files, how do I stop this?

Windows keeps changing file ownership whenever I copy or create files, how do I stop this?: [ATTACH] I keep getting this icon which prevents other PC's from accessing these file which requires me to move the files back to my PC to change the file ownership back to personal. This just started happening a few months back and I didn't mind it, but now I have multiple...
  10. Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windws 10 laptop and tablet-copying files from laptop to tablet: hello we have a new windows surface pro tablet and want to copy photo and music files to the tablet from the laptop. how do I do this? we want the photos folder and the music folder on the laptop to be the same on both machines. I have set up network sharing, but this only...