Windows 10: copying folders issue

Discus and support copying folders issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; system: windows 10 home 64 Latitude E5270 Laptop im having strange issue when i copy folders to my seagate drive ill try to explain it i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sniperjul, Jan 24, 2019.

1. sniperjul Win User

copying folders issue

system: windows 10 home 64

Latitude E5270 Laptop

im having strange issue when i copy folders to my seagate drive

ill try to explain it

i have folder on seagate drive called desktopv1

when i copy folder from computer called only desktop it will copy the files to desktopv1

it does this to all folders i have renamed as such

it never has happen before in my life until on this laptop and portable drive don't know if it a windows 10 issue or what

hope you can give me a answer to solve this

:)

sniperjul, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 16, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 16, 2019
  4. sniperjul Win User

copying folders issue

copying folders issue

step 1 on computer i right click desktop folder select copy

step 2 then go portable drive and paste it

result :but when i do this it copies all the files inside desktopv1 i know because i get a name conflict warning

and realize it not creating the desktop folder it actually copying the files inside desktopv1 folder

it should not do this

i expect it to copy folder (desktop} to drive

have no idea why it would ever copy the files inside a other folder that is named differently

hope you understand now

sniperjul, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

copying folders issue

1. copying folders issue - Similar Threads - copying folders issue

2. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  3. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  4. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  6. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  7. File Copies in Folders

8. Copy and paste issue

Copy and paste issue: I have been dealing with this issue for quite some time now and have not come across any fixes for it so I'm at a loss at what to do. What is basically happening is I try to copy and paste anything, then a few moments later the paste is blank, I open up the clipboard history...
  9. Copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste issue: I have been dealing with this issue for quite some time now and have not come across any fixes for it so I'm at a loss at what to do. What is basically happening is I try to copy and paste anything, then a few moments later the paste is blank, I open up the clipboard history...
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...