Windows 10: Copying game between computers

Discus and support Copying game between computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I downloaded a few Microsoft Store games on my laptop and now wish to copy them onto my PC, but when i paste the game file to replace the incomplete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RecruitAura9176, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Copying game between computers

I downloaded a few Microsoft Store games on my laptop and now wish to copy them onto my PC, but when i paste the game file to replace the incomplete one in my WindowsApps folder, i get a message saying "Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here", even after setting the owner as Everyone and granting permissions to everyone, what do i do

:)

RecruitAura9176, Mar 5, 2021

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 5, 2021
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Copying game between computers

Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Copying game between computers

1. Copying game between computers - Similar Threads - Copying game between

2. File copy between machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File copy between machines: I have a new Win 10 machine and I want to copy the People file from the old machine to the new. Both are HP machines, and both run the latest Win 10 updates. Can this be done ?...
  3. How to use Input Director on Windows 10 to copy documents between computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Input Director on Windows 10 to copy documents between computers: [ATTACH]Ever wanted to copy from one document on one computer and paste in another document on another computer? Well, you can do just that; it […] This article How to use Input Director on Windows 10 to copy documents between computers first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  4. Can't copy between computers by dragging to a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy between computers by dragging to a desktop shortcut: I have 2 computers, Win10 & WinXP on a network. I can copy files between the computers & can copy to folders within the Documents files (on WinXP, it's called "Data" instead of Documents. I created a folder (called Sync) on my Win10 desktop that has shortcuts to various...
  5. Copying game files to a different computer

Copying game files to a different computer: Is it possible to copy the downloaded game files for a game from the microsoft store onto a different computer? I currently have a game downloaded on my desktop, but I want to be able to play on my laptop aswell, and being able to simply move the files would be helpful as I...
  6. File copying between PCs

File copying between PCs: I am running Windows 10 with latest updates on a HP desktop and a Lenovo notepad. I would like to be able to copy folders between the two computers over wifi. How can I do this?...
  7. Copy - paste with script action in between

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy - paste with script action in between: Hello Is there a program or a script add-on for Opera browser or similar, that would let you alter copied text by searching predefined sequence in URL and replacing it with other predefined sequence? Copy "https://www.google.com/xyz" replace xyz with abc to get Paste...
  8. Copying Contacts between Microsoft Programs

Copying Contacts between Microsoft Programs: How do I import Contacts from Windows Mail or Skype (they seem to be the same) into Outlook 2016? I've reviewed all the advice on the Net and MS Support, and tried to find a menu item but there's nothing. The Outlook 2016 Import wizard only has the format options of CSV or...
  9. Transferring pre-bought games between computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring pre-bought games between computers.: I redeemed a code on an old computer. Then I got a new one, and I can't redeem it again. I'm using the same Microsoft account on both PCs. How can I transfer this game from my old computer to my new one without buying it again?...
  10. Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices: How to: Move or Copy Xbox One Games and Apps Between Storage Devices How to Move or Copy Games and Apps Between Storage Devices on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased....