Windows 10: Copying game files to a different computer

Discus and support Copying game files to a different computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is it possible to copy the downloaded game files for a game from the microsoft store onto a different computer? I currently have a game downloaded on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eduji, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Eduji Win User

Copying game files to a different computer

Is it possible to copy the downloaded game files for a game from the microsoft store onto a different computer? I currently have a game downloaded on my desktop, but I want to be able to play on my laptop aswell, and being able to simply move the files would be helpful as I don't have unlimited Wi-Fi.

:)

Eduji, Dec 15, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 15, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Copying game files to a different computer - Similar Threads - Copying game files

2. Copying files from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying files from one computer to another.: I have several NTFS formatted portable HDDs that when new files are copied onto them from one machine and I attempt to read them on another machine the new files don't appear. I've tried to use chkdsk in command mode with the /f switch, but that will not run because I'm...
  3. Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exact same .txt files looks different on different computers: I have a barcode scanner that saves barcodes as .txt files , which we upload to a PC. One of my drivers .txt files however are not formatted correctly, for some reason the lines are double spaced on the files she emails in. I got the scanner from her and when I open the .txt...
  4. Copying game between computers

Copying game between computers: I downloaded a few Microsoft Store games on my laptop and now wish to copy them onto my PC, but when i paste the game file to replace the incomplete one in my WindowsApps folder, i get a message saying "Your organisation does not allow you to place this file here", even after...
  5. different dialogs - different computers, when deleting thousands of files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    different dialogs - different computers, when deleting thousands of files: I have 2 machine. an acer and a lenovo. image 1 shows what I see on the lenovo when del'ing huge amounts of files in a parent dir and many subs. image 2 shows what I see on the acer. why is there a difference? anyone know? a setting of mine that I forgot I changed?...
  6. How to copy multiple pdf files from different folders to other different folders

How to copy multiple pdf files from different folders to other different folders: I have thousands of .pdf files saves into 9 different folders. All files have common ending numbers like 1, 2, 3 I want to move those all files to different 250 folders, which have also starting numbers like 1, 2, 3 and going on. How can I do this with minimum efforts ?...
  7. One Drive and copying files to new computer

One Drive and copying files to new computer: My wife has an old computer with several hundred gigabytes of photos on her hard drive/OneDrive. I'm getting her a new computer. If I manually copy those photos over to the new computer hard drive/OneDrive in an identical location, will OneDrive realize that they are...
  8. Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers: On my little home network there is one computer designated for backup ("B") and two computers ("R" and "A") with frequently changing data to backup. All computers run Win 10 Pro. I am particularly interested in having Office 365 Outlook pst files backed up. From R, the pst...
  9. Mass copying of different files

Mass copying of different files: Is there a way to copy files of different types from a search of one type? Let me explain: I have a main folder with hundreds of different types of files in subfolders, and I want to copy one file type of a certain extension into another folder, but I want to copy the files...
  10. Can't copy files to other network computers

Can't copy files to other network computers: Using Windows 10 Explorer, I can't copy a file from this main computer to any other network computer. Right now, I get an "Interrupted - 0% Complete" window that pops up and freezes. By the way, XXCopy does in fact work and clones folders from one computer to another. Now...