Windows 10: Copying ISO to USB fails!

Discus and support Copying ISO to USB fails! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help Redditors! I’m hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I keep running into... I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benjasaur, May 8, 2020.

1. Copying ISO to USB fails!

Help Redditors! I’m hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I keep running into...

I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo U510 Ideapad via USB boot.

I’m using a Mac to create the USB containing my Windows 10 ISO (I’ve actually tried two different ISO files). Here is my issue...after the ISO is mounted and I copy the files over to the USB, the copy fails with an error saying that the “privacy.rtf” file can’t be copied because there is a file of the same name in the destination which is not case sensitive??? At this point the copying stops. Everything is carried over to the USB except for the Sources folder from the ISO.

FYI I used my Mac (running Mavericks) Disk Utility to format the USB successfully to FAT32, in addition to trying it in NTFS through another app. The same error occurs under each format with multiple ISO files.

I have also tried using Unetbootin for Mac (dmg doesn’t mount for whatever reason), Rufus which is Windows specific and Terminal prompts which I gave up halfway through on...

I admittedly am not a pro, nor do I think I’m a novice - but I feel this should be easier. What is my issue?? Any help would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/benjasaur
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/benjasaur, May 8, 2020

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, May 8, 2020
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, May 8, 2020
  4. Copying ISO to USB fails!

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Copying ISO to USB fails!

1. Copying ISO to USB fails! - Similar Threads - Copying ISO USB

2. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  3. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  4. Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 repair using ISO USB failed: Good day, 2 days ago my windows10 laptop started freezing.Earlier too it had micro freezes. I ran memtest86 on the 8gb ram, it had no error. I booted into safe mode via msconfig and tried to run sfc /scannow . It failed after verification 100% - "WRP could not...
  5. ISO TO USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO TO USB: I want to burn my iso file to usb but i don't have admin rights anyone who knows pls answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iso-to-usb/d9a44a17-88ce-4b7b-a313-ed4689f62ca1
  6. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  7. Copying ISO to external drive keeps failing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying ISO to external drive keeps failing: Hello all, I have a couple ISOs I need to backup. I have 2 external drives a WD My Book and A Seagate. I also have a 32GB flash drive. All are formatted NTFS and connected to a USB3 port. The problem I am having is when I am copying the ISO 5.5GB from my PC to either of...
  8. Win10_1903_V1_German_x64.iso(.part) fails after 4.3GB/4.6 being copied on a empty 64GB USB...

Win10_1903_V1_German_x64.iso(.part) fails after 4.3GB/4.6 being copied on a empty 64GB USB...: Just the above subject! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win101903v1germanx64isopart-fails-after-43gb46/65a2ad7d-187e-4e2b-8005-2a401da28193
  9. Copy ISO to USB from Mac

Copy ISO to USB from Mac: My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one. I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac. How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh version of windows 10?...
  10. MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?

MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?: I referred to this thread from April: Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO Post #2 from Bree looks really simple - so simple I'd be amazed. The first thing is to mark the USB device "active" according to Bree. AFAIK, and just tried it, Disk...