Windows 10: Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system...

Discus and support Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 homeSource drive health report indicated something might be going upRobocopy Folders/Files from source drive to target drive failed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by troutusa, Feb 16, 2023.

1. troutusa Win User

Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system...

Windows 11 homeSource drive health report indicated something might be going upRobocopy Folders/Files from source drive to target drive failed. filename linkage errors.Reformatted target drive NTFS deep formatUsed Windows explorer to manually move small batches of folders/files at a time. Checked the copied files were good. Deleted copied files from source drive. Repeated this process a couple of times with no issues.The copy process fails during my next batch copy.I try to view the target drive and am unable to access the drive using Explorer or PowerShell 7.I ran chkdsk on the target d

:)

troutusa, Feb 16, 2023
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 16, 2023
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 16, 2023
  4. Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system...

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Feb 16, 2023
Thema:

Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system...

1. Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system... - Similar Threads - Copying large amount

2. Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying large amount of files/folders between external drives fails. Corrupted file system...: Windows 11 homeSource drive health report indicated something might be going upRobocopy Folders/Files from source drive to target drive failed. filename linkage errors.Reformatted target drive NTFS deep formatUsed Windows explorer to manually move small batches of...
  3. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  4. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  5. File corruption when copying large files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File corruption when copying large files: Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to another, and the transfer rate is too fast. These files are very large, tending to range in size from 20 GB to 100 GB. Whenever...
  6. A large amount of Files gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A large amount of Files gone: So I just booted my PC one day like normal when all of a sudden a MASSIVE amount of my files have gone missing along with programs and my wallpaper.Please someone help me I don't want to redownload everything and I also don't want to be missing numerous files that are...
  7. How to copy a large amount of files and maintain folder structure and file order?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to copy a large amount of files and maintain folder structure and file order?: I have this digital picture frame, and I want to put a large amount (~40,000) photos on it. The files are nicely sorted into subdirectories (and sub-sub, and sub-sub-sub, etc). I copied the files over to an sd card and inserted it into the device, and because Windows behaves...
  8. having trouble copying files between external USB drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    having trouble copying files between external USB drives: I am trying to copy some folders from a 4TB USB external drive to a 8TB USB external drive both are connected to a USB 3 hub. For a while the copying seems to go well and then all of a sudden the speed drops to 0MB/s and don't get any errors or any indication why the copying...
  9. Copying large files to external USB crashes PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copying large files to external USB crashes PC: I don't have the BSOD info yet, and from what I can tell it varies anyway. The first error I received was 0x8007045d but after a clean install of Windows 10 I instead got a BSOD talking about IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When I get home I want to try testing this specific USB...
  10. Large files on external drive cause system to hang

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large files on external drive cause system to hang: Hi all, I have an HP Spectre laptop. I work in television and have to transfer very large files (70-100gb each). When a drive containing those files are connected, the system will hang - sometimes for a short time, sometimes it requires a hard boot. Not sure what is causing...