Windows 10: Copying large MP4 files

Discus and support Copying large MP4 files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THE Jolly Roger, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Copying large MP4 files

I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than 4Gb but some are between 4 and 5Gb. None are greater than 5Gb. While attempting to bulk copy the files to a large capacity SanDisk flash drive (128Gb capacity), all of the files that are less than 4Gb transferred without a problem. All that are greater than 4Gb did not. When I try to individually transfer the larger files, I get an error message telling me that there is not enough storage space on the target flash drive. Looking at the available space on the target shows that there is plenty of space remaining. Are there some settings in Windows or in SanDisk preventing the transfers of files over a certain size? Anyone have any clues? Thanks.

:)

THE Jolly Roger, Aug 4, 2019

2. Copying large MP4 files

I have a flash drive created by a company that transfers old 8mm movies and old VHS tapes to digital format. The files are formatted in MP4 and the total volume the 30 separate files on this drive is approximately 105Gb. Most of the files are less than
    4Gb but some are between 4 and 5Gb. None are greater than 5Gb. While attempting to bulk copy the files to a large capacity SanDisk flash drive (128Gb capacity), all of the files that are less than 4Gb transferred without a problem. All that are greater
    than 4Gb did not. When I try to individually transfer the larger files, I get an error message telling me that there is not enough storage space on the target flash drive. Looking at the available space on the target shows that there is plenty of space remaining.
    Are there some settings in Windows or in SanDisk preventing the transfers of files over a certain size? Anyone have any clues? Thanks.

THE Jolly Roger, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Copying large MP4 files

Upon opening the "format" command, "exFAT" is the default. The only other choice is "NTFS" with no numbers attached. I changed to that, selected one of the large files to copy, and it copied perfectly. Thanks for you help.

THE Jolly Roger, Sep 28, 2019
  4. temp02 Win User

Copying large MP4 files

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Copying large MP4 files

1. Copying large MP4 files - Similar Threads - Copying large MP4

2. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  3. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy file metadata for a large number of files: I have a lot of videos saved on my hard drive, each of which has a director listed in the metadata. I want to get a full list of those videos along with their directors, but can't seem to find a way to do so with Excel, or any other tool within Windows file explorer - there's...
  4. How to copy file metadata for a large number of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play: I have some downloaded videos available on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 with latest updates and all drivers fully updated. When I move those videos MP4 format to any directory, they work in some directories while doesn't work in some. I tried adding those files to a ZIP...
  6. Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play

Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play: I have some downloaded videos available on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 with latest updates and all drivers fully updated. When I move those videos MP4 format to any directory, they work in some directories while doesn't work in some. I tried adding those files to a ZIP...
  7. COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!: I have copied several hundred .mp4 movie files from my WD 5TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive over to a newly acquired 16TB portable SSD drive. A small quantity of the copied files plays fine on the SSD, but the majority of the files don't! The properties of the...
  8. COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!

COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!: I have copied several hundred .mp4 movie files from my WD 5TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive over to a newly acquired 16TB portable SSD drive. A small quantity of the copied files plays fine on the SSD, but the majority of the files don't! The properties of the...
  9. File corruption when copying large files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File corruption when copying large files: Hello,I'm experiencing a problem with Windows 10 where I get corrupt backup files if I copy and paste them from one connected external hard drive to another, and the transfer rate is too fast. These files are very large, tending to range in size from 20 GB to 100 GB. Whenever...
  10. MP4 file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 file.: Hello, I can not find my MP4. I looked in File Explorer,Documents,etc. Please,I need the steps to send a video from YouTube to my Gmail. I don't know a lot about computers. Yes,I knew how to send a video on Windows 7. Thanks, A.W....