Windows 10: Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

Discus and support Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bingus, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Bingus Win User

Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible?

When I try to copy / move a file or folder from the Win Explorer (as admin) to another program this sign is shown, transferring is not possible:

Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible? [​IMG]

How could I make it work?

:)

Bingus, Dec 17, 2016
  2. Ken Blake Win User

TRANSFERRING FILES FROM MAIN DRIVE TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE . HOW?

Transferring files form one drive to another is the same whether the drive is internal or external. There are several ways, but you can do it with copy and paste (move and paste) or drag-and-drop (*right*- drag-and-drop, and you'll be given the choice
    of copying or moving).

Ken Blake, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 file explorer crashes explorer.exe

I am having a similar problems:

- right clicking on drive, folders andy anything in Quick Access causes file explorer to close down, but right clicking on a file works OK.

- Win+E does not open file explorer, nor clicking on File Explorer from the Start menu. Clicking on File Explorer from Win+X does work.

I upgraded form Windows 7 Pro yesterday. The laptop is a HP ZBook 17 G2 with NVidia Quadro K4100M video card.

JamesGunnZK, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Back in Win8 it was renamed to File Explorer but still works the same. File Explorer is the file management part of Windows and also pretty much the core of Windows, if it doesn't work Windows won't run.

I have no issues in Copying or Moving files from one drive to another but that's not the same as copying to a program. Generally one opens the program in question then opens the file or files it can work with. Having that information usually is helpful.

Berton, Dec 17, 2016
  5. Bingus Win User
    Thank you very much, Berton.

So "Explorer" now is called "File Explorer", didn't know that. And the core, I didn't know either.

Yes, and when I try to transfer files / folders then it does not work, that sign is shown.

Many thanks again

Bingus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Copying / moving files form Win Explorer not possible? - Similar Threads - Copying moving files

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  6. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  7. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't copy/move files using File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't copy/move files using File Explorer: Hi guys, I recently build a new pc and installed Windows Pro on it. Everything is working pretty well, except for 1 thing: I can't move/copy files... Whenever I try to do this screen flickers black for less than a second, and file explorer shuts down without moving or...
  9. Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?

Is it possible to modify the File Explorer "Copy to" menu?: In File Explorer there is a 'Copy to" menu, which seems to be comprised mostly of the directories I have pinned to quick access. Is there any way to add or remove folders from this menu? -Thanks...
  10. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147