Windows 10: Copying music files to a thumb drive

Discus and support Copying music files to a thumb drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have downloaded music from googles music site, using their google player app on my MS Surface Book 2. Now I would like to copy these music files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dennypic747, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Copying music files to a thumb drive

I have downloaded music from googles music site, using their google player app on my

MS Surface Book 2.

Now I would like to copy these music files to a thumb drive so I can play them in my car. I have no idea how to do this.

If anyone can help me, would be most grateful.

Thank you

:)

dennypic747, Jun 15, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Is my thumb drive dying?

I just downloaded an updated W7 Home Premium x64 SP1 ISO, and I was copying those files over to my W7 installation thumb drive. It seems to fail every time I copy the files over. The drive just disappears, no longer listed in My Computer. I also hear the device disconnected sound. I tried moving it from my front panel USB ports to one of the ports in the back and the same thing happened. I believe this is grounds to call it a dead drive...?

3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Copying files from groove music

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

You cannot transfer the songs directly onto a USB drive from Groove music. You should know the location of the drive where Groove stores the music you add to the playlist and then move the songs onto a USB drive

Try the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Plug in the USB drive and check if the device is connected and detected on the PC.
    • Locate the drive where Groove music folder is located. Usually the location will be the
      My Music folder in the user file under
      C:
      drive. If you have changed the location, I suggest you to locate the Groove music folder.
    • Select all the songs by pressing Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard. To copy selected music onto the drive,
      press/hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard and select the song by clicking on the file.
    • Right click after selecting the files and hover the mouse over to
      Send to option.
    • Select the USB drive to which you want to transfer the files to and wait until the transfer is completed.
    • Check if the files are copied onto the USB drive.

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Copying music files to a thumb drive

1. Copying music files to a thumb drive - Similar Threads - Copying music files

2. How to copy a DVD program onto a thumb drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to copy a DVD program onto a thumb drive?: I have a DVD that contains medical records, specifically an MRI that contains a special program to view the MRI images. I need to transfer this to a thumb drive, because the hospital no longer has DVD drives. A simple copy and paste doesn't work, of course, because the files...
  3. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  4. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  5. copying music files to e: drive for phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying music files to e: drive for phone: I have hundreds of cd's copied to an old computer. I have some on this new one. When I use the sychronization feature on Windows Media Player, to copy from the c: drive to e: drive micro sd card for phone, the 1st song on the cd, does not copy? This happens a lot. It does the...
  6. Copying music/photo files to a USB drive as a backup

Copying music/photo files to a USB drive as a backup: Hi. I am trying to back my music library from my PC Win 10 and some times I am successful but other times I can copy the same files on to a bare USB drive and they only copy 50% or 60% then it freezes and tells me that there is a problem. I started with 485 songs but I have...
  7. Duplicate copy music files

Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...
  8. Program on cd copy to thumb drive

Program on cd copy to thumb drive: Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. I have the original microsoft money program on cd. which is copyright protectd. It was loaded onto this laptop 6 years ago when the operating system was windows 7 I believe. I have since upgraded to windows 10. I am...
  9. microsoft program on cd copy to thumb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    microsoft program on cd copy to thumb drive: Hi, not sure if this is the right forum but here goes. I have the original microsoft money program on cd. which is copyright protectd. It was loaded onto this laptop 6 years ago when the operating system was windows 7 I believe. I have since upgraded to windows 10. I am...
  10. How do I copy my music from Groove to a thumb drive?

How do I copy my music from Groove to a thumb drive?: That's the only way I can get it to my hard drive in my car audio system.. 25527