Windows 10: Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up

Discus and support Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have my PC configured to do a nightly backup of my files & folders to a Western Digital External Hard Drive. This is working very well. But in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary_S_1943, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up

I have my PC configured to do a nightly backup of my files & folders to a Western Digital External Hard Drive. This is working very well.

But in the event I have a fire in the house, and lose the PC, I lose all my personal files.

So by backing up my files to OneDrive, I've safely stored my files in a Microsoft Cloud, for future recovery when required.

Am I applying OneDrive in the correct way ?

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Aug 4, 2019

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Sep 29, 2019
  4. twynog Win User

Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up

External hard drive not recognised

Thanks for this. I've done what you suggested and been through all the steps mentioned in the article. The hard drive works fine on a Mac computer, and I've managed to copy the information on it. It must be a Surface issue so I'll try to get a chat line tomorrow.

twynog, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up

1. Copying my External Hard Drive to OneDrive, as a secure Back-up - Similar Threads - Copying External Hard

2. Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...: HiWhy does backup not copy the Onedrive documents folder to my external hard drive? It backs up Favourites, Downloads and other useless folders but will not back up my Onedrive documents folder which has all my important documents in! I have tried adding the folder to backup...
  3. Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...: HiWhy does backup not copy the Onedrive documents folder to my external hard drive? It backs up Favourites, Downloads and other useless folders but will not back up my Onedrive documents folder which has all my important documents in! I have tried adding the folder to backup...
  4. Back up does not copy Onedrive Documents folder to external hard drive even with local copy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Using OneDrive as primary working drive and backing it up to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using OneDrive as primary working drive and backing it up to an external hard drive: Hi,I recently copied and organized all my files into OneDrive. I plan to use OneDrive as my primary, working drive and would like to delete all local files from my PC's regular documents, etc. folders. In other words, every file I open and save will be in the OneDrive folder....
  6. Using OneDrive as primary working drive and backing it up to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using OneDrive as primary working drive and backing it up to an external hard drive: Hi,I recently copied and organized all my files into OneDrive. I plan to use OneDrive as my primary, working drive and would like to delete all local files from my PC's regular documents, etc. folders. In other words, every file I open and save will be in the OneDrive folder....
  7. external hard drive not backing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not backing up: every time i press back up it does its backing up thingy then it says you havent backed up your drive ive tried 3 times and many different things online please help me i need to fix it before wensday cause they gonna take my computer and fix it and they might need to wipe it...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to OneDrive and External Hard Drive together.: Does anyone know how I can back up my important information like my edited photos from Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop as well as my important files to OneDrive and my external hard drive at the same time automatically? OneDrive already automatically backs up. But I don't want...
  10. Backing up to a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backing up to a external hard drive: After reading about ransomware etc. it got me wondering about backing up my information to an external hard drive. It would serve double duty in the event of a drive failure or the unlikely event of ransom ware. I've never used an external drive for backup so I have a few...