Windows 10: Copying Outlook from PC to PC

Discus and support Copying Outlook from PC to PC in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Office 2019 on desktop and laptop. Desktop is set up and all the email addresses have been updated... They work fine. Laptop needs to be exactly the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by GracieAllen, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Copying Outlook from PC to PC

Office 2019 on desktop and laptop.

Desktop is set up and all the email addresses have been updated... They work fine.

Laptop needs to be exactly the same.

For the last 10 years, I just exited Outlook on the desktop, copied the .pst file to a flash drive, plugged it into the laptop, copied the .pst file to the me/appdata/local/microsoft/outlook folder on the laptop, started Outlook and EVERYTHING - emails, appointments, all the email accounts/ addresses, contacts - EVERYTHING was there.......

Did that today in Office 2019. Emails showed up. Email ADDRESSES didn't.

Went back to the desktop and EXPORTED EVERYTHING from Outlook, to a .pst file. Copied THAT to the laptop, opened Outlook, and IMPORTED the whole thing..... STILL no email addresses...

This HAS to be something stupid and simple, right? So HOW do I take the whole Outlook environment from the desktop to the laptop? And when I come back after traveling, copy it back FROM the laptop to the desktop?

:)

GracieAllen, Jan 3, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 3, 2020
  3. jw72253 Win User
    copying Outlook Mobile email to PC

Linley,

Hello. when i do this, would the Outlook email on my PC be copied to my device? also, would the email copied from my device to my C be put into a separate folder in Outlook for easy access? I only want the emails to be copied one way: namely, from the
    device to the PC. thank you.

john

jw72253, Jan 3, 2020
  4. jw72253 Win User

Copying Outlook from PC to PC

copying Outlook Mobile email to PC

I have a mobile device with Windows Mobile 6.0 and Outlook Mobile. I would like to use Active Sync (version 4.5) to copy all the Outlook email along with the attachments from the mobile device onto my home PC; and i want to be able to read the email from
    my PC, on which i am running Windows XP Professional and MSOffice 2007 with Outlook 2007. Can this be done? if so, how? i am not a sync savy at this point. thank you.

jw72253, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Copying Outlook from PC to PC

1. Copying Outlook from PC to PC - Similar Threads - Copying Outlook

2. Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy: Screenshot shows error when I try to select my main calendar; any suggestions valued.Ran quick on line repair; didn't fix : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2021-cant-display-calendar-only-archive/8b6d903a-c5ea-49ad-9e5d-f49e534079ce
  3. Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2021; can't display calendar, only Archive copy: Screenshot shows error when I try to select my main calendar; any suggestions valued.Ran quick on line repair; didn't fix : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2021-cant-display-calendar-only-archive/8b6d903a-c5ea-49ad-9e5d-f49e534079ce
  4. Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder: Hello,I'm working with Win11 Pro.I am attempting to copy an Outlook PST file to my Box Desktop Sync Folder and I continue to receive the error that the file is either invalid, or the path is too long.I have run RegEdit and GPEdit.msc, enabling long paths in both cases....
  5. Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder

Error Copying Outlook PST files to Box.com Desktop Folder: Hello,I'm working with Win11 Pro.I am attempting to copy an Outlook PST file to my Box Desktop Sync Folder and I continue to receive the error that the file is either invalid, or the path is too long.I have run RegEdit and GPEdit.msc, enabling long paths in both cases....
  6. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file: Windows 10, 21 H2 Japanese OSI just cloned the smaller Hard disk drive to larger one. I started the laptop and when I clicked on MS Outlook I got this message Refer screen shotI do not know how to delete the file, though I click on OK and continue checking my email. What...
  7. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file: Windows 10, 21 H2 Japanese OSI just cloned the smaller Hard disk drive to larger one. I started the laptop and when I clicked on MS Outlook I got this message Refer screen shotI do not know how to delete the file, though I click on OK and continue checking my email. What...
  8. Outlook is using an old copy of your Outlook data file .ost. Exit Outlook, delete the file

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Need a copy of Microsoft outlook 2013.

Need a copy of Microsoft outlook 2013.: I did a computer reset and lost my copy. Need it or something like it to read the data file as the file was retained. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-copy-of-microsoft-outlook-2013/8a7db527-cb86-440e-9f2b-8254b4d2b851
  10. Need a copy of Microsoft outlook 2013.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a copy of Microsoft outlook 2013.: I did a computer reset and lost my copy. Need it or something like it to read the data file as the file was retained. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-copy-of-microsoft-outlook-2013/8a7db527-cb86-440e-9f2b-8254b4d2b851