Windows 10: Copying Problem

Discus and support Copying Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; While copying rather transferring files from one Hard Disk to another - larger one, I faced a peculiar problem. Old disk probably had a few corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SB1962, Oct 18, 2020.

1. SB1962 Win User

Copying Problem

While copying rather transferring files from one Hard Disk to another - larger one, I faced a peculiar problem.

Old disk probably had a few corrupted files and copying was aborted for the files with "Invalid MsDOS function... try again skip" etc.

That's OK, and is natural.

But when there are parallel Move or even copy commands are executed, and if one command encounters this problem, all the commands- current files of the instants - are marked "bad"

In fact I observed that even if I open "Properties" column of the "Bad" file through explorer, a good file not the one I was checking even when only one copy command was going on, aborts as bad. After I close my window off the bad file, the copy continues from the then current file having skipped a few while my property windows was open.

Thankfully it doesn't corrupt, since when I copy it later, it goes through.

Explorer glitch ? WIndows 10, 19041.572

:)

SB1962, Oct 18, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Copying Problem

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Copying Problem

1. Copying Problem - Similar Threads - Copying Problem

2. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  3. This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is a repeat problem. I bought a new PC Tower and loaded my legit copy of FSX...: The previous solution involved going into the software keys and changing a letter to capitals. Anybody out there remember solving this for me a few years ago?...
  4. what is the problem with this copy of windows ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the problem with this copy of windows ?: when I checked for the activation status this appeared one year agoand this appeared one week agoand now my copy of windows is not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-problem-with-this-copy-of-windows/d34bc0f3-e43e-4223-bdaf-4fc54ae35763
  5. what is the problem with this copy of windows ?

what is the problem with this copy of windows ?: when I checked for the activation status this appeared one year agoand this appeared one week agoand now my copy of windows is not activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-problem-with-this-copy-of-windows/d34bc0f3-e43e-4223-bdaf-4fc54ae35763
  6. what is the problem with this copy of windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. When are is MS going to fix the copy and paste problem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When are is MS going to fix the copy and paste problem in windows 11: a few times a month copy and paste just stops working??????????????????I've complained several times with feedback hub and the problem gets ignored??? thanks for not caring at all MS... shame on you.......
  8. When are is MS going to fix the copy and paste problem in windows 11

When are is MS going to fix the copy and paste problem in windows 11: a few times a month copy and paste just stops working??????????????????I've complained several times with feedback hub and the problem gets ignored??? thanks for not caring at all MS... shame on you.......
  9. Problem with a new PC and copying from another device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with a new PC and copying from another device: Our new windows 11 pc has copied information from the wrong device, and if I try to delete a file it deletes them from that device too, as they are 'online only' with onedrive. How can I uncouple this new pc from my other one please, and back up from a different one?...
  10. Problem with a new PC and copying from another device

Problem with a new PC and copying from another device: Our new windows 11 pc has copied information from the wrong device, and if I try to delete a file it deletes them from that device too, as they are 'online only' with onedrive. How can I uncouple this new pc from my other one please, and back up from a different one?...