Windows 10: Copying, running out of space, and duplicate files.

Discus and support Copying, running out of space, and duplicate files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have a thumbdrive that has all my music on it for use in my car. When I try to copy my files from the PC to the drive I'll get the "not enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FKA Skull, Sep 25, 2020.

1. FKA Skull Win User

Copying, running out of space, and duplicate files.

Hi I have a thumbdrive that has all my music on it for use in my car. When I try to copy my files from the PC to the drive I'll get the "not enough space" message, even though many of the files are duplicates. Is there a way to avoid this message and have it just copy the files that are new? My workaround is to just delete the whole thumb drive then copy my music folder back over, but this generally takes 30 minutes. I've noticed if you copy a bunch of stuff that is within the capacity left on the drive it'll copy anything new, then if duplicates are found it will ask you if you want to overwrite or skip. I'd like to just copy and tell it to skip before checking for enough space since many of the files won't be copied over. It's just to complicated to copy over the new stuff when your dealing with dozens of artists, albums, and songs - I can't keep track of what is new!

:)

FKA Skull, Sep 25, 2020

2. After running CCleaner duplicates files are found on Windows 10

Hi Tom,

As you are facing issues with the duplicate files loaded on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to find which are the duplicate files created on your computer?

There might be a virus infection causing the duplicate copies of the files. Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to free up the disk space on your device and check if it helps.

Refer: Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: Perform Disk Cleanup.

Cleaning out your PC on a regular basis frees up drive space and helps it run better. One of the easiest ways to clean up files you no longer need is by using Disk Cleanup.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type
      Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, select Disk Cleanup.
    • If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select
      OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box in the Description section, select
      Clean up system files.
    • If prompted, select the drive that you want to clean up, and then select
      OK.
    • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, select the check boxes for the file types that you want to delete, and then select
      OK. To remove data from a previous installation of Windows, select the
      Previous Windows installation(s) check box.
    • In the message that appears, select Delete files.
    • Go back to Computer in File Explorer, select the drive you cleaned up, and then select
      Refresh. If you need to free more space (the drive is still marked red), go to the next tip.

Step 3: I suggest you to run a full system virus scan.

Protect your PC

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of duplicate files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Copying, running out of space, and duplicate files. - Similar Threads - Copying running space

2. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  3. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running out of Storage Space: In 2016 I purchased a Dell computer from Dell here in Germany. My previous Dell ran out of storage space which was the reason for the purchase and I wanted a PC that would have more than enough. I purchased a Dell XPS 8900, w/16.0 RAM, using WIN 10 Home. The PC has an OS...
  4. Running out of Storage Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files: Hi, I recently installed powershell 7.2.6 in my windows machine and also installed exchange online management 2.0.5. i am observing multiple temp files getting generated every time the powershell scripts are run. These are scripts carryout active directory/exchange related...
  6. Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files: Hi, I recently installed powershell 7.2.6 in my windows machine and also installed exchange online management 2.0.5. i am observing multiple temp files getting generated every time the powershell scripts are run. These are scripts carryout active directory/exchange related...
  7. Disk Space Running Out Of Space Due to Temp Files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Running out of space on HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running out of space on HDD: I'm not even sure I'm in the right sub, but help me if you can. I neglected my PC organization through college and now I'm running out of space. I've been erasing tons of old files and etc but I noticed that my space somehow gets smaller little by little from time to time. I...
  9. Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive

Duplicate File Copies in OneDrive: When I installed OneDrive, I found that I have hundreds of duplicate files ending in "- Copy.*" These occur in the original folders and also the OneDrive folders. How do I delete all of the copies? Will this continue to occur?...
  10. Duplicate copy music files

Duplicate copy music files: I've recently been transferring files to hard drives and I've notice the original file path now shows a duplicate file with a copy tag. I have tried to uncheck file merge path through settings. Is it possible to remove duplicates, rather than individual deleting? Best...