Windows 10: Copying speed on Windows 10

Discus and support Copying speed on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My user account on Windows 10 was corrupted, so I created a new one. Everything was ok until I tried to copy my files, the copying speed became too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MoShika92, May 9, 2022.

1. MoShika92 Win User

Copying speed on Windows 10

My user account on Windows 10 was corrupted, so I created a new one. Everything was ok until I tried to copy my files, the copying speed became too slow it didn't exceed 100 kb/s. I looked for a solution on Google and tried everything possible but still nothing, the copying speed won't return to normal. The thing is that everything else on the new user account is working fine except the speed of copying files. What is the best solution for that

:)

MoShika92, May 9, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2022
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, May 9, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Copying speed on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Copying speed

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  4. External Hardisk Copy speed very slow and also it drops to 121 KBPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hardisk Copy speed very slow and also it drops to 121 KBPS: Dear All, This is Ronak Savla.I have an windows 10 computer and an ADATA company external hardisk. Whenever I try to copy the data from computer drives to external drive ADATAthe speed is very slow it flucuates to 355 kbps and then maximum it reaches to 1mbps.Can anyone help...
  5. External Hardisk Copy speed very slow and also it drops to 121 KBPS

External Hardisk Copy speed very slow and also it drops to 121 KBPS: Dear All, This is Ronak Savla.I have an windows 10 computer and an ADATA company external hardisk. Whenever I try to copy the data from computer drives to external drive ADATAthe speed is very slow it flucuates to 355 kbps and then maximum it reaches to 1mbps.Can anyone help...
  6. The copy speed is really slow in my laptop. Even copying two lines of text is taking...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The copy speed is really slow in my laptop. Even copying two lines of text is taking...: Like if I'm renaming some files in file explorer to the copied text from somewhere else, its renaming the file to past clipboard copies as it's taking alot of time to copy text and i have to wait for a couple of seconds to be able to paste it. This is very annoying. This copy...
  7. The copy speed is really slow in my laptop. Even copying two lines of text is taking...

The copy speed is really slow in my laptop. Even copying two lines of text is taking...: Like if I'm renaming some files in file explorer to the copied text from somewhere else, its renaming the file to past clipboard copies as it's taking alot of time to copy text and i have to wait for a couple of seconds to be able to paste it. This is very annoying. This copy...
  8. Win11 2H22 SMB Multichannel copy speed slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 2H22 SMB Multichannel copy speed slow: According to the release note, Windows 11 22H2 has a known issue which will cause the SMB multichannel copying speed limited under 1Gbps:September 30, 2022—KB5017389 OS Build 22621.608 Preview - Microsoft SupportBut the release note only mentioned as "You are more likely to...
  9. Win11 2H22 SMB Multichannel copy speed slow

Win11 2H22 SMB Multichannel copy speed slow: According to the release note, Windows 11 22H2 has a known issue which will cause the SMB multichannel copying speed limited under 1Gbps:September 30, 2022—KB5017389 OS Build 22621.608 Preview - Microsoft SupportBut the release note only mentioned as "You are more likely to...
  10. Winddows 11 - when i copy files, dialog information is missing such as Transfer Speed and...

Winddows 11 - when i copy files, dialog information is missing such as Transfer Speed and...: Hello, I am doing an over-haul of my NAS storage, wanting to clean up some old junk and stuffMy Laptop System Setup: I have a some-what complex setup, GigaByte AERO 15-YA / Intel i9 / 64GB RAM 2 daisy chained Thunderbolt 3 docking stations each with two M.2 SSD storage and...