Windows 10: Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

Discus and support Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can copy and paste a text string in Windows to the PhoneLink, e.g. PhoneLink Search field.I cannot copy and paste that same text string to an APP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IvanSoh, Jul 27, 2022.

1. IvanSoh Win User

Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

I can copy and paste a text string in Windows to the PhoneLink, e.g. PhoneLink Search field.I cannot copy and paste that same text string to an APP e.g. Samsung calendar APP - which defeats the purpose of having PhoneLink in the first place. If I tried to do that, it will simply paste from the "local" phone copy and paste buffer.It seems like Microsoft have not properly implemented Copy and Paste consistently across the PhoneLink interface?Is this a bug and something that Microsoft will fix in future? The whole point of this is so I can copy a meeting request from my WhatsApp window on PC a

:)

IvanSoh, Jul 27, 2022
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 27, 2022
  3. MS app for 10, Your Phone not copying clickable links in messages,

appears in the sent messages as only text.

See when you select to copy text in a browser, if there is a hyperlink, it will preserve it when pasted in another browser tab text box.

But with the Your Phone 10 app from MS, it is text only. Is there a setting for that, cause otherwise the phone app is not very useful to me. I just sent a forum message with a clickable link to a friend's phone, but comes out as text only. So then had to use the phone to share the link. So not useful if have to double the work, might as well just use the phone and not bother with windows linked to the phone.

sdowney717, Jul 27, 2022
  4. Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

Your Phone app not working

This may specifically apply to only Samsung 10+ devices, but perhaps there is a similar structure for others brands?

I don't know if this will have any effect on the blue tooth issue, but I just ran across something that explains a lot and solves/simplifies, at least for me at the moment, the complicated, inconsistent "Your Phone Companion" problem.

The one thing that I couldn't understand was (when trying to complete the "connect to phone process"), that I was asked to open the "Your Phone Companion" on the phone, which was not possible, because it does not exist among the other installed apps in the android Apps folder.

The simple explanation is that, as explained below in I can't find the "Your Phone Companion" app icon in my app list after updating it on Galaxy S10e|S10|S10+ device | Samsung Support South Africa, for all intents and purposes, even though it still exists in Google play and among "Apps" in android settings, the "Your Phone Companion" android app has been replaced, by the "Link to Windows" app, which also, for reasoning that defies logic, does not reside in the apps folder, unless we accept the concept that these are "services', not apps.

"Link to Windows" is supported via a new update on the Galaxy S10e|S10|S10+ device and you can continue to use the features and functions of the previous "Your Phone Companion" app with "Link to Windows".

A google search reveals "If you have the Link to Windows app on your Android phone, you can check this by going to Settings > Advanced Features > Link to Windows." Once there, toggle it on.

This initiates a series of prompts leading to the syncing of the phone and computer.

As reported, it should also appear in the Quick Panel Menu, but not on my device

Attachment 267706

Note: "Cross-device copy and paste requires the exchange of data between your PC and Android phone. If you’ve allowed your devices to sync over mobile data, and you’re not connected to a Wi-Fi network, then copy and paste will use data. If this setting is turned off, you’ll only be able to copy and paste when both your Android phone and PC are connected to a Wi-Fi network.

If you have the Link to Windows app on your Android phone, you can check this by going to Settings > Advanced Features > Link to Windows and toggle Use mobile data."

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

1. Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main... - Similar Threads - Copying text between

2. How to copy and paste text between Android Phone and Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to copy and paste text between Android Phone and Windows PC: [IMG]How easy it would have been to multitask if we could just copy something on our phone and then paste it onto our computer? I was today years old when I got to know that it is possible. In this post, we will learn how you can copy and paste text between your Android phone...
  3. Phone Text and Windows 11 Phone Link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Text and Windows 11 Phone Link: I have an android Samsung s23 phone and using windows 11. Can not delete a spam text on computer phone link and it is NOT showing up on phone. How do I delete the spam text on computer phone link?...
  4. Phone Text and Windows 11 Phone Link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Text and Windows 11 Phone Link: I have an android Samsung s23 phone and using windows 11. Can not delete a spam text on computer phone link and it is NOT showing up on phone. How do I delete the spam text on computer phone link?...
  5. Windows Phone Link app text colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Phone Link app text colour: Hello,For some reason my Phone Link app in Windows has changed its reply text colour from white on blue which was great to black text on blue which is not great for my eyesight. How can this be changed back? I have 'Dark mode' selected, and this worked fine before. However,...
  6. Windows Phone Link app text colour

Windows Phone Link app text colour: Hello,For some reason my Phone Link app in Windows has changed its reply text colour from white on blue which was great to black text on blue which is not great for my eyesight. How can this be changed back? I have 'Dark mode' selected, and this worked fine before. However,...
  7. Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying text between Windows to paste into a Samsung Phone APP in Phone Link not the main...: I can copy and paste a text string in Windows to the PhoneLink, e.g. PhoneLink Search field.I cannot copy and paste that same text string to an APP e.g. Samsung calendar APP - which defeats the purpose of having PhoneLink in the first place. If I tried to do that, it will...
  8. Phone Link App - How do you copy and paste photos between phone and desktop? There seems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App - How do you copy and paste photos between phone and desktop? There seems...: Phone Link App - How do you copy and paste photos between phone and desktop? There seems to be no way to drag and drop as in the past. No matter what I do, I can't transfer them from my phone to my desktop. Microsoft guidance says highlight and copy to clipboard, and it will...
  9. Phone Link App - How do you copy and paste photos between phone and desktop? There seems...

Phone Link App - How do you copy and paste photos between phone and desktop? There seems...: Phone Link App - How do you copy and paste photos between phone and desktop? There seems to be no way to drag and drop as in the past. No matter what I do, I can't transfer them from my phone to my desktop. Microsoft guidance says highlight and copy to clipboard, and it will...
  10. Your Phone /Link to Windows Samsung phone questions

Your Phone /Link to Windows Samsung phone questions: Where is the "cache" for this app stored. In the phone or in the Your Phone app? I have a Samsung Note 20 phone and Windows 11 PC. I successfully linked my phone to the "Your Phone" app and it works as expected except for two things. At one point I had a Samsung holiday theme...